Political party shifting? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 11:59:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Political party shifting? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Political party shifting?  (Read 1852 times)
hopper
United States

« on: April 19, 2012, 09:05:51 AM »

I think after the 2012 elections is the start of both political parties shifting positions.  

The Republicans becoming more Libertarian, open to legalizing drugs, civil unions, non-intervention, more focused on economy and business.  I've noticed alot of Tea Party people and social Conservatives are not thrilled with Romney and could form a new party in another decade or something.

Democrats appealing to working class hispanics, unions, the poor, and possibly catering to religious right (catholics)

What's your say?
The GOP doesn't favor civil unions now? Its the gay marriage topic issue that the GOP dreads. Legazlizing drugs for medical use I could see the GOP being in favor of in the future like in California that has happened. I know California is a pretty blue state but I'm just using CA as an example if that makes any sense.
hopper
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 09:15:07 AM »

I think after the 2012 elections is the start of both political parties shifting positions.  

The Republicans becoming more Libertarian, open to legalizing drugs, civil unions, non-intervention, more focused on economy and business.  I've noticed alot of Tea Party people and social Conservatives are not thrilled with Romney and could form a new party in another decade or something.

Democrats appealing to working class hispanics, unions, the poor, and possibly catering to religious right (catholics)

What's your say?
No the Tea Party has faded. I know Amy Kremer is still on TV doing publicity for the Tea Party but I just see the Tea Party thing as a fad that has passed. The Tea Party lost all their postiive image during the whole debt ceiling debate last year.

The Republicans really haven't loved any Presidential Candidate since Reagan besides George W. Bush in 2000 I think and we all know what happened there. I really don't think they were totally in love with George H.W. Bush in 1988 either I think but since he worked as Reagan's VP for 8 years it was "safe" for conservatives to sort of love him if you know what I mean.
hopper
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:50:28 AM »

Democrats will become more working-class oriented, winning minorities and blue-collar whites. Republicans will be a combination of WASPs (especially white-collar suburbia) and other assorted groups of white people.
Are you including White Hispanics in your theory as well?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies