Impeachment Megathread Part 3
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 01:12:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Impeachment Megathread Part 3
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 78
Author Topic: Impeachment Megathread Part 3  (Read 77298 times)
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2020, 01:20:10 PM »

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2020, 03:42:37 PM »

Very cool, folks.  Very cool, no collusion, no obstruction.  All a big hoax. 
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2020, 04:47:02 PM »

This is inexcusable.

How can anyone see this and think nothing is wrong with it?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2020, 04:50:44 PM »

How can any reasonable person think this man isn't guilty of a crime?
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2020, 05:44:10 PM »

How can any reasonable person think this man isn't guilty of a crime?

They know.  They just don’t care.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2020, 06:14:29 PM »

Finally, IMPEACHMENT will be over by IA caucus, Feb 3rd
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2020, 06:18:41 PM »

Impeachment Manager resolution is on the House Agenda for next week.

TUESDAY, JANUARY 14, 2020 AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On Tuesday and Wednesday, the House will meet at 10:00 a.m. for Morning Hour debate and 12:00 p.m. for legislative business. On Thursday, the House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business, with last votes expected no later than 3:00 p.m. On Friday, the House is not in session.

H.R. 1230 – Protecting Older Workers Against Discrimination Act (Rep. Scott (VA) – Education and Labor) (Subject to a Rule)

H.J.Res. 76 – Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by the Department of Education relating to "Borrower Defense Institutional Accountability" (Rep. Lee (NV) – Education and Labor) (Subject to a Rule)

A resolution appointing and authorizing managers for the impeachment trial of Donald John Trump, President of the United States
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2020, 03:31:50 AM »

Democracy in this country is dead. The executive office no longer has any checks on it's power and the Republicans are poised to achieve one-party authoritarian rule within our lifetime. We are watching it happen and, sadly, some 40% of us are cheering it along.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2020, 10:01:43 AM »

This sad part of this whole story is Trump is dead to rights guilty of everything the whistleblower said
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2020, 05:53:08 PM »

Dems waited the Holidays over impeachment and many people arent gonna be happen about Trump still in office while Dems waited 3 months on this
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2020, 07:33:20 PM »

Here is my guess on the Senate vote over impeachment, but first something more people should understand: There is a reason Pelosi is giving the articles to McConnell right now, we just don't know what it is. She isn't that dumb to just say no and then change her mind a few weeks later. There is something she knows that we don't.

So there are 100 Senators, and 67 are needed to remove Trump. 47 Democrats (2 indy) and 53 Republicans make up the Senate. It's pretty much a given that Trump will not be removed, but the votes of the Senators will still shape their career later in life.

All but 4 of the Democrats are guaranteed to vote to remove Trump. (43)
John Tester of Montana is from a red state, but for the most part he is a Democrat in policy and is pretty likely to vote for removal.
Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona is pretty centrist and almost a conservative on some issues. She really doesn't have anything to lose either way she goes and she hasn't said anything about impeachment, so for now I will just put her as a uncertain vote that could go either way.
Joe Manchin of West Virginia is even more conservative than Sinema and is pretty much a DINO and will probably vote to acquit Trump as he supports Trump a lot and even voted for Kavanaugh.

On the Republican side everyone is going to acquit Trump. Romney. Murkowski, and Collins aren't fans of the President, but the political pressure is just to high not to support him. It could end their career as Republicans if they want to remove him. They might vote present, but that's only if sh*t really hits the fan.

Best case reasonable senario for Trump: 55 votes to acquit (all GOP + Manchin & Sinema) to 45 votes to remove (all the other Democrats)
Worst case reasonable senario for Trump: 50 votes to acquit(all GOP except 3), 4 votes present (Murkowski, Romney, Collins, and Manchin), and 46 for removal (rest of Democrats)
What probably will happen (middle ground): 54 votes acquit (all GOP + Manchin) 1 vote present (Sinema) and 45 votes to remove (rest of the democrats)

Remember that this is just my prediction and it is okay to disagree, so please be polite to me if you wish to do so Smiley
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2020, 07:52:39 PM »

Here is my guess on the Senate vote over impeachment, but first something more people should understand: There is a reason Pelosi is giving the articles to McConnell right now, we just don't know what it is. She isn't that dumb to just say no and then change her mind a few weeks later. There is something she knows that we don't.

So there are 100 Senators, and 67 are needed to remove Trump. 47 Democrats (2 indy) and 53 Republicans make up the Senate. It's pretty much a given that Trump will not be removed, but the votes of the Senators will still shape their career later in life.

All but 4 of the Democrats are guaranteed to vote to remove Trump. (43)
John Tester of Montana is from a red state, but for the most part he is a Democrat in policy and is pretty likely to vote for removal.
Kyrsten Sinema of Arizona is pretty centrist and almost a conservative on some issues. She really doesn't have anything to lose either way she goes and she hasn't said anything about impeachment, so for now I will just put her as a uncertain vote that could go either way.
Joe Manchin of West Virginia is even more conservative than Sinema and is pretty much a DINO and will probably vote to acquit Trump as he supports Trump a lot and even voted for Kavanaugh.

On the Republican side everyone is going to acquit Trump. Romney. Murkowski, and Collins aren't fans of the President, but the political pressure is just to high not to support him. It could end their career as Republicans if they want to remove him. They might vote present, but that's only if sh*t really hits the fan.

Best case reasonable senario for Trump: 55 votes to acquit (all GOP + Manchin & Sinema) to 45 votes to remove (all the other Democrats)
Worst case reasonable senario for Trump: 50 votes to acquit(all GOP except 3), 4 votes present (Murkowski, Romney, Collins, and Manchin), and 46 for removal (rest of Democrats)
What probably will happen (middle ground): 54 votes acquit (all GOP + Manchin) 1 vote present (Sinema) and 45 votes to remove (rest of the democrats)

Remember that this is just my prediction and it is okay to disagree, so please be polite to me if you wish to do so Smiley

My prediction: Manchin and Doug Jones vote to acquit.  Romney and Murkowski vote to remove.

I suspect one reason Pelosi is now ready to release the articles is that she was holding them just long enough not to impact next week's Democratic debate.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2020, 08:02:42 PM »

Democracy in this country is dead. The executive office no longer has any checks on it's power and the Republicans are poised to achieve one-party authoritarian rule within our lifetime. We are watching it happen and, sadly, some 40% of us are cheering it along.

Dude, you really have Trump Derangement Syndrome in the worst way.  You work yourself up into a rant to post about the guy.  I'm calmer posting about Ilhan Omar or Rashida Tlaib, people whom I view to be overtly anti-American who have achieved election to Congress.

The "check" on Executive Power in this situation isn't the Congress; it's the Courts.  We don't have a Parliamentary system where the Legislature is Supreme; when there are disagreements between the Executive and the Legislature, it is the COURTS that are the arbiters of that disagreement.

Nixon was on his way to impeachment and removal because there was actual taped evidence of his wrongdoing.  Nixon gave up his tapes solely because the SCOTUS ordered him to.  The House Democrats could have taken their disagreements to the Courts, but they deliberately opted not to.  

If Trump defied a Court Order, matters would be different, but he's not done so.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2020, 08:45:27 PM »

Fox news has always said since September,  that Pelosi had no case without a whistleblower, and Graham said Trump wasnt gonna be removed based on a transcript
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2020, 08:29:18 AM »

Dude, you really have Trump Derangement Syndrome in the worst way.

And you're obsessed with Trump to the point you can't see straight.  He can do no wrong in your eyes.  He's betrayed the country, and you are by supporting him.  I feel sorry for you.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2020, 08:31:36 AM »

Dude, you really have Trump Derangement Syndrome in the worst way.

And you're obsessed with Trump to the point you can't see straight.  He can do no wrong in your eyes.  He's betrayed the country, and you are by supporting him.  I feel sorry for you.

I'm feeling the love, lol.   Sunglasses Sunglasses Sunglasses
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2020, 08:34:12 AM »

I don't have time in my life to waste on the insanity of Fuzzy Bear's posts.  Ignored.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2020, 12:22:35 PM »

^ The above exchange between a Democrat turned Republican and a Republican turned Democrat exemplifies the partisan realignment which Trump has contributed greatly to in recent years.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2020, 03:22:16 PM »

I haven't caught up on this in weeks. What the hell is Pelosi doing? The delay in sending this to the Senate is ridiculous when she has no real leverage over its leaders.

Even if Pelosi has nothing else up her sleeve, every day she delays is another day for Trump's madness to grow worse, leaving the GOP less room to whine that "he wasn't this bad when we voted to acquit him" and putting their treasonous behavior one day closer to election day.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2020, 03:23:53 PM »

Wow, I wonder who appointed him?

President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Nominate Personnel to Key Administration Posts
Michael K. Atkinson of Maryland to be Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2020, 03:34:39 PM »

Wow, I wonder who appointed him?

President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Nominate Personnel to Key Administration Posts
Michael K. Atkinson of Maryland to be Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
The WB went through proper channels and their complaint lines up with everything that happened so why must it be investigated? Oh right to out the WB in order to lead a harassment campaign. I forgot that the Republican Party have become a bunch of fascist thugs
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2020, 03:40:17 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2020, 03:49:18 PM by 2,868,691 »

^ The above exchange between a Democrat turned Republican and a Republican turned Democrat exemplifies the partisan realignment which Trump has contributed greatly to in recent years.

Yep, the discourse on this site used to be a lot better until Trump Derangement Syndrome turned a lot of our reasonable Republicans into raging, seething partisan cultists who will excuse ANY behavior for him and then gaslight us into thinking we're the lunatics. I mean, they will handwave ANYTHING away. I mean, a couple days ago Trump raved about how Democrats are "viscous, horrible people," and not a peep from anyone on the Right.

When Democratic politicians do something clearly wrong, the rank-and-file Democrats routinely condemn the action and focus on putting it in context, that it's not that bad in the grand scheme of things, etc. Take Bill Clinton's impeachment, or for a more recent example, the Katie Hill situation. Contrast that with Trump, whose backers DENY EVERYTHING every time. It's not "oh, Trump definitely crossed the line in Ukraine but it doesn't quite rise to the level of impeachment," it's "TRUMP CLEARLY DID NOTHING WRONG! NOTHING! AT ALL! AND EVIL DEMOCRATS WHO DESPISE AMERICA ARE JUST LYING ABOUT HIM!!!!!!" It's risen to cult level and it's disturbing.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2020, 09:41:51 PM »

I haven't caught up on this in weeks. What the hell is Pelosi doing? The delay in sending this to the Senate is ridiculous when she has no real leverage over its leaders.

Even if Pelosi has nothing else up her sleeve, every day she delays is another day for Trump's madness to grow worse, leaving the GOP less room to whine that "he wasn't this bad when we voted to acquit him" and putting their treasonous behavior one day closer to election day.

Sounds like the too-clever-by-half logic that had HRC's campaign spending more on advertising in Omaha than in Michigan and Wisconsin combined in the closing days of 2016. How many stupid actions have Democrats taken under the assumption 'this, finally, will drive Trump crazy'?

No argument here about the Clinton campaign's ineptitude. However, I would gladly rely on Pelosi's political instincts over the entire Clinton campaign staff combined any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Hypothetically ( as doing so would be well outside of her wheelhouse as House minority leader), if Pelosi had a significant role in the Clinton's campaign strategy and tactics, I suspect Hillary would probably be president today.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2020, 06:45:00 AM »

Pelosi was already told she had not enough evidence to remove Trump based on no corroboration between whistleblower and the transcript.

55-45 acquitted and the GOP felt slighted, if the Clinton's were exonerated on Lewinsky and Benghazi,  why should they remove their own prez.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2020, 09:14:47 AM »

Pelosi was already told she had not enough evidence to remove Trump based on no corroboration between whistleblower and the transcript.
LMAO, wake up dude.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies