UK local elections, May 2012 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 03:43:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK local elections, May 2012 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK local elections, May 2012  (Read 61901 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: May 04, 2012, 11:31:35 AM »

I really shouldn't be, but I'm quite pleased that Jenny Dawe, the lib dem council leader, moved halfway across the city to what was supposed to be a safer ward and ended up losing.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 11:25:09 AM »

Some Scottish local authorities have released ballot box data from the elections. This allows you to match up first preference votes etc to each polling district. As Edinburgh have been kind enough to release the data, that's my first port of call.

Can't wait for this Smiley
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 01:43:34 PM »

Some Scottish local authorities have released ballot box data from the elections. This allows you to match up first preference votes etc to each polling district. As Edinburgh have been kind enough to release the data, that's my first port of call.

Can't wait for this Smiley

My first stab. Some polling districts had 4 parties seperated by a dozen votes, so I'll be doing party maps soon.

That is beautiful.

Also, the most noticeable thing about the map is that the party split really amplifies conservative strength.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 04:01:57 AM »

Yep, they got totally annihilated, even the greens got nearly twice as much as them. I really can't see them holding Edinburgh west now, in fact they will probably just be left with three or four seats in Scotland, I'm thinking of the highland seats and maybe Ming Campbell's seat. As Sibboleth said, the mighty really have fallen.
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 05:42:24 AM »

What's that Librul enclave like? (Apart from the presumable personal vote factor.)

Also, Labour polling divisions in the New Town? Wtf? Studenty Green vote is studenty.

As far as I can tell (and I might be wrong) that's Corstorphine (or at least an area of it), which is basically rich commuters into Edinburgh with a lots of independent shops, I think its more in line with the orange book  than with the Beveridge group, which could explain the relative strength of the Lib Dems.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies