Politico e-book: Obama campaign roiled by conflict
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:05:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Politico e-book: Obama campaign roiled by conflict
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Politico e-book: Obama campaign roiled by conflict  (Read 2326 times)
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2012, 12:43:16 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

They should hire Beet.

Beet would give Romney (and to an extend Obama) no mercy on their economic plans. It would be pretty great.
Joe Biden is your president. Deal with it.
diskymike44

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2012, 01:19:01 PM »

Politico and Winfield are really Romney/Ryan Tongue
Bluegrassball
Rookie

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »

This certainly doesn't surprise me regarding his contempt for Mittens. It was palpable all the way back in '08 when he just couldn't resist publicly making fun of Romney even when his odds of becoming the GOP nominee were obviously small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=080zoBmb7eQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emiOx7-hetQ

It seems like most or all of Romney's political opponents feel the same way. He immediately and transparently comes across an entitled empty suit who stands for nothing and is only in politics in order to add some other notch to his belt.

They all feel like they had to fight on the power of their personalities and convictions to get where they are in politics while Willard (lacking both aforementioned qualities) simply bought his way to the top with his wealth and daddy's connections.

I'm sure many, or even most politicians, have the same sort of petty motivations for entering politics, but Romney is just laughably terrible at hiding it.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 02:11:18 AM »
« Edited: August 21, 2012, 02:13:49 AM by XPostFactor99 »

So I caved and bought the ebook for $2.99. I feel ashamed already, but I had $25 credit from Google and was itching to use it.

There's some more interesting goodies in there. Off the top of my head: Most of the White House staff suspects Joe Biden wants to run in 2016, Nancy Pelosi wanted Obama to take the defense cuts out of the sequester, and Obama hates Santorum even more than Romney, apparently because of an incident in March where Santorum questioned why Malia Obama was in Mexico. When reached in private, all Santorum said was that children on both sides should be off-limits.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 02:19:11 AM »

So is it worth buying?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2012, 02:36:49 AM »

I'm thinking about buying it.

I read the Politico article yesterday morning and was rather relieved, actually. I initially voted for Clinton in the primary, mainly because I knew she would grab the Republicans by the balls and rip them off with her teeth. It's good to see some signs that Obama isn't just a cool-headed B.
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2012, 02:42:16 AM »

Well if you're willing to admit to being into insidery political gossip  - which you probably are if you are on this forum - then yeah it is worth it, gave me a night of good reading at least. However this particular e-book is extremely heavy on Democratic figures - Axelrod, Plouffe, Cutter, etc. If you're a Republican Politico already had two e-books on the Republican primaries out a few months earlier that you might want to check out instead.

Another tidbit: Janet Napolitano held up the mini-Dream Act for months; Obama people suspect she wants to run for McCain's seat in 2016 and didn't want to piss off white Arizona voters.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2012, 03:51:14 AM »

I saw this thread title and honestly thought that Morden had combined all of Politico's "rumor has it" nonsense threads about the Obama campaign into a single megathread.  Let's be honest, that's the best way to deal with him, as we've already seen.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2012, 09:16:44 AM »

It is Obama’s own burning competitiveness, with his remorseless focus on beating Mitt Romney — an opponent he genuinely views with contempt and fears will be unfit to run the country.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

In a word, he's 'uppity'.

No, he's "fronting."
milhouse24
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2012, 10:53:24 AM »

This certainly doesn't surprise me regarding his contempt for Mittens. It was palpable all the way back in '08 when he just couldn't resist publicly making fun of Romney even when his odds of becoming the GOP nominee were obviously small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=080zoBmb7eQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emiOx7-hetQ

It seems like most or all of Romney's political opponents feel the same way. He immediately and transparently comes across an entitled empty suit who stands for nothing and is only in politics in order to add some other notch to his belt.

They all feel like they had to fight on the power of their personalities and convictions to get where they are in politics while Willard (lacking both aforementioned qualities) simply bought his way to the top with his wealth and daddy's connections.

I'm sure many, or even most politicians, have the same sort of petty motivations for entering politics, but Romney is just laughably terrible at hiding it.

Some people say that Obama wanted to be president before he was ready, and ran on speeches and catch phrases, without really having a record of any successes. 

Obama has said that he didn't realize the amount of work and daily tediousness that the job of the presidency required.  He didn't realize the importance of daily messaging, and that contributed to the huge backlash in 2010. 

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies