Best Kerry VP Pick (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:06:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Best Kerry VP Pick (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best Kerry VP Pick  (Read 2992 times)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« on: June 01, 2004, 03:43:39 AM »
« edited: June 01, 2004, 03:47:20 AM by Michael Z »

Clark should figure in a Kerry administration, perhaps as Secretary of State... but I can't really see him as VP pick. Two Vietnam veterans on the ticket might be overdoing the Band Of Brothers thing just a little bit.

A VP should add variety as well as acumen. Edwards would be the perfect choice for Kerry as he'd level out most of Kerry's perceived weaknesses. Where Kerry is from the North, Edwards is from the South. Where Kerry is uncharismatic, Edwards is entertaining. Where Kerry is regarded as aloof and distant, Edwards portrays himself as a 'man of the people'. I've been saying this for ages (even as early as the Iowa caucus), but Edwards would be the best choice for Kerry.

Of course there is still the VERY distant possibility of a Kerry/McCain ticket, but it's not exactly the most realistic option. (Even though one thing's for sure, the rumours of disloyalty have definitely harmed McCain's chances of receiving the Republican nomination for 2008, no matter what the result will be this year.)
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 05:56:41 PM »

That's interesting, since you used to be in favour of Bayh... perhaps the strength of my argument convinced you? Cheesy
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 06:52:24 PM »

That's interesting, since you used to be in favour of Bayh... perhaps the strength of my argument convinced you? Cheesy

I decided Bayh was not the guy back in April.

Because of the strength of my argument? Cheesy
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 06:53:39 PM »

I would say that Edwards is probably the best choice. Not because of his Southern appeal or ability to carry an particular states, but because he really does bring a whole, powerful new persona and new issues to the campaign. The only problem is he is more likeable and a stronger candidate in nearly every way than Kerry. So Kerry would have to be careful Edwards does not overnalnce the ticket, making it bottom heavy.

(Finds it extremely difficult to pay attention to anything M is saying due to his new signature...)

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Dang.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies