How many people per Congressional District is the ideal quantity? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:05:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  How many people per Congressional District is the ideal quantity? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How many people per Congressional District is the ideal quantity?  (Read 2320 times)
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« on: October 20, 2018, 07:08:15 PM »
« edited: October 20, 2018, 09:40:33 PM by #KavanaughForPrison »

Lets see what people think.

I am personally unsure.

Log of what values people are posting as their personal preference (highest on top, lowest on bottom):

500,000 (singletxguyforfun)
350,000 (trajan)

1 total!

I want like 20 responses, and then I will discard the 5 highest and the 5 lowest responses, and calculate the average among the other 10, and then I want to try to draw maps with nonpartisan design based on that value, and I would encourage other posters to do the same.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 09:07:49 PM »

Way too arbitrary. The wyoming rule theoretically allows the possibility that the number of seats increases while the national population decreases, or that the number of seats decreases while the national population increases, as long as the population trends of the smallest state are more pronounced than the population trends of the country. I wish people would not talk about it as if it were some sort of way to improve the system.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies