What would it take for Washington DC to vote Republican? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 06:15:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What would it take for Washington DC to vote Republican? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would it take for Washington DC to vote Republican?  (Read 17792 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: October 10, 2005, 11:05:09 PM »

Latte liberal is meant to be a derogatory term not because those voters vote against their interests, but because they are hypocrites who choose not to live with the policies they inflict on others.  They favor leniency for criminals, while living far from centers of crime.  Therefore, they don't really suffer the effects of putting dangerous people back out onto the street.  They oppose giving poor children better educational options, while making sure that their own kids have only the best.  And as far as taxes go, they have enough money that they don't really care about a few thousand more a year in taxes; the middle class is hit much harder by the tax level that these people favor than the latte liberals are.

And yet you mock me for wanting to live in a minority and crimed filled urban center than a lily-white suburb.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 10:58:42 PM »

Latte liberal is meant to be a derogatory term not because those voters vote against their interests, but because they are hypocrites who choose not to live with the policies they inflict on others.  They favor leniency for criminals, while living far from centers of crime.  Therefore, they don't really suffer the effects of putting dangerous people back out onto the street.  They oppose giving poor children better educational options, while making sure that their own kids have only the best.  And as far as taxes go, they have enough money that they don't really care about a few thousand more a year in taxes; the middle class is hit much harder by the tax level that these people favor than the latte liberals are.

And yet you mock me for wanting to live in a minority and crimed filled urban center than a lily-white suburb.

I'll say this about you.  Unlike a lot of hypocritical liberals, you seem to embrace the dreadful results of the idiotic policies that you advocate.  You will probably end up living your life poor and in unpleasant surroundings, just as the policies that you advocate dictate.  I guess that's better than advocating ridiculous policies, and then exempting yourself from the results they produce, as most liberals do.

How exactly is Minneapolis such a terrible city in unpleasant surroundings? If it was my very educated (and very liberal aunt) would obviously move out since she could easily get a job elsewhere. And she's not exactly poor either.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 10:35:25 PM »

Have you ever been to New York City AT ALL? There is no way to be anywhere that city while being "miles away from the nearest non-white person"; you can't even find a place where you're blocks away from the nearest non-white person. The places in NY where you're miles away from non-white people are upstate where it might as well be the south, if it weren't for the snow.

I live in Westchester County, in the Town of Greenburgh. It's a suburb of NYC, and one of the richer and more Liberal/Democratic places in the country. At the 2000 census, the Town of Greenburgh was 72% white, 13% Black, 8% Asian, 9% Latino and 6% other races/mixed races. Personally, I've got a bit of Native American in me.

Don't take Dazzleman so seriously Jacob. When he gets into his rants about how "racist" and horrible the Northeast supposedly is he doesn't pay too much attention to the facts. He loves to bash the region that pays his salary.

Pretty much true. I've never been to NYC, but even in Minneapolis, which is over 60% white, the only time I've ever been in an area with only white people is when I'm seeing bands at the Triple Rock, since basically only white kids listen to my type of music. Plus that's right in the middle of a Somali neighborhood, walk outside and you'd have a tough time finding a white person who wasn't there for the show.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies