Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:49:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18
Author Topic: Update XVIII: 15 Miles From Lunch  (Read 154868 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2014, 11:19:07 AM »

Praying the background check isn't detailed/accurate for you, Bushie. Smiley

I've never failed a background check or a drug test, yet, and I don't intend to start now.  Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2014, 11:22:53 AM »

Read the book of Revelation.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2014, 11:24:23 AM »

This is reminding me of the Tiffanye fiasco! "We can talk today, then she said tomorrow, then she hinted maybe next week."

Except this is a lot more serious. Smiley  I'm not worried, though.  I just want to get the docs and get my start instructions.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »

I know you're not one to take knowledge gained and apply it in a preventative manner, but if it already says in the book that Satan will break free after 1000 years, you'd think they'd take some precautions to make sure it doesn't happen. No?

That's not my call.  That's all up to God how He wants to do it.  He won't "break free" as if he has control.  God will be in control at all times just like He has been since the dawn of time.  Satan will be let out for a season, but then he'll be permanently sent to the lake of fire.  I'm just choosing to believe the Bible, God's Holy Word.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2014, 12:19:37 PM »

Why would God allow Satan to be let loose and cause havoc?

That's a question I cannot answer.  You'll have to ask God about that.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2014, 01:40:47 PM »

I'm not.  I'm just telling you the answer to your question is found in the book of Revelation.  It does not tell us why, but that it will happen.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2014, 01:52:41 PM »

If it doesn't tell you why in the Book of Revelation, then the answer to his question "Why?" is not in the Book of Revelation...

But, he was asking me why and it's a question I cannot answer.  The best answer you're going to get is in the book of Revelation.

God doesn't tell us the why a lot of times, He just says "trust me".  He's never failed anyone, yet, so there's no reason not to trust Him, but he doesn't tell us why very often.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2014, 02:16:35 PM »

Bushie, since we're discussing religion at the moment...

Why is it you think God will always provide you with material things on Earth? You've said multiple times that just by having faith, God will certainly give you a job, for example. If this is the case, how do you explain....say....the millions of Christians in Africa (who have just as much faith as you) that are starving to death?

Please view this as an honest question in good faith and not as an attack or an attempt to mock your religious beliefs.

He will not necessarily always provide a job or material things, but He will take care of me in His own special way.  He does it different for different people.  For some, He provides material things, for some good physical health, for some just the peace of mind that He is all they need.  Certainly, there are many places around the world in need, but that's the point of mission and humanitarian trips.  It doesn't mean they are less "blessed", because a belief in Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross is what determines whether one is blessed.  They realize that material things will all pass away and that the only thing that will matter in the end is their faith in Jesus.  In some ways, people in Africa have more than we do because they're not distracted by the hustle and bustle of Western Society.  We have much to offer them in terms of humanitarian aid.  They have much to teach us about being satisfied with so little.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2014, 02:20:06 PM »

Bushie, you seem to have fallen for a common misconception. Revelation is the final book of the Christian New Testament, heavily steeped in obscure imagery. It was written by an unknown author during the first century CE.

You seem to be referring to events described in the best-selling apocalyptic thriller Left Behind, co-written by the American evangelical Chistian minister Tim LaHaye in the mid-90s and loosely inspired by imagery described in Revelation. It was made into a direct-to-video movie starring Kirk Cameron in 2000.

Revelation was written by the Apostle John, the same John that was a disciple of Jesus.

I have never read nor seen Left Behind, so this is all personal belief and study from what I read in Revelation.  Although, I do look at www.endtime.com and get a lot of guidance from them.  They are a Pentecostal organization based in Plano, Texas that is all about the end time.  I do not take them as knowing exactly what will happen, but a general guideline of what to expect.  They are the best interpretation of Revelation that I have seen in a long time.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2014, 04:05:07 PM »

Thanks, Tweed, but I'll pass.

No news today, but I was told just a few minutes ago that the drug tests and background checks normally take a few days to come back.  It was emphasized to me not to worry about it.  That combined with the fact I've never failed either check, then I'm going to enjoy my Monday evening.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2014, 04:14:32 PM »

Is it appropriate to post a photo of someone without their permission?

It's on Google you insufferable tattletale.

Relax, HD, it was just an honest question. Smiley  You notice I didn't actually report it!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2014, 04:18:50 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:  My background check and drug test just came back fine!!!  I will get the employment documents shortly!!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2014, 09:33:13 PM »

BushOklahoma, do you eat the chili at Golden Corral? A man found a rat head in his chili at Golden Corral in Florida. What are your thoughts?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/florida-man-claims-golden-corral-chili-rat-head-article-1.1981988

I do not eat the chili there, so I can't really comment.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2014, 09:58:44 PM »

The weirdest thing about that endtime site is all the stuff they have claiming global warming is a hoax. But why would people obsessed with believing the world is about to end think global warming isn't real? If anything they should cite that as more evidence. It's kind of weird to be saying "Yeah look at all these vague signs...the end is coming! Oh except global warming, that's a complete hoax and has nothing to do with the end of the world."

And unlike evolution, it's not like global warming even contradicts a truly literal reading of the Bible either. There's no reason for fundies to doubt or dispute it, unless they want to basically disbelieve all science on principle or something...which also isn't exactly Biblical either.

Yeah, I don't exactly get why they focus so much on global warming.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2014, 12:24:44 PM »

Mind you, I only read them, and I certainly don't give them any money.  So, at least I'm not throwing away money.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #165 on: October 28, 2014, 12:31:15 PM »

The account manager is out of the office today.  I should get them around lunch time tomorrow.  My results came back good, though.  My recruiter had to take her daughter to the doctor today and she's still not in the office, yet, but her coworker does expect her in.  I hate a wasted day like this...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2014, 04:16:58 PM »

Grumps, I understand your concern and appreciate them.  What I was told today is that the documents are coming, it will just be tomorrow, not today.  I don't exactly like that, myself, but there's nothing I can do about it.  I can't get the start instructions until I turn in the documents.  I will also have to get one of the documents notarized before I send it back in.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: October 28, 2014, 06:24:36 PM »

Yes and Yes and add sloppy jos for supper.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2014, 06:33:15 PM »

What's happening to Bushie's Kenyan children? Has he completely abandoned/forgotten about them and let them to fend for themselves in Darkest Africa?

Mom and I are still supporting them.  They're doing just fine.  In fact, I sent both of them a letter and a box of needed supplies and toys to them for Christmas this year.  It was a small investment for their needs.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2014, 06:35:15 PM »

No, unfortunately.  The AutoCAD computer is not set up, yet and even when it is later this week, we have company coming through for the first half of November, so I won't be able to use the computer with the AutoCAD until they all leave on November 15.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #170 on: October 28, 2014, 06:39:21 PM »

No, unfortunately.  The AutoCAD computer is not set up, yet and even when it is later this week, we have company coming through for the first half of November, so I won't be able to use the computer with the AutoCAD until they all leave on November 15.

Roll Eyes

My sentiments exactly...
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #171 on: October 28, 2014, 06:45:15 PM »

Roll Eyes

My sentiments exactly...

Why exactly does the presence of company make it impossible for you to prepare for the job for which you've claimed multiple times that you're going to actually work?

Because the computer will be at my grandmother's and that's where the company will be, too.  They will be using the bedroom that my computer is in.  I don't want to set it up here and then take it down two weeks later and move it.  First off, there's no room at my parents' for the computer.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #172 on: October 28, 2014, 06:45:48 PM »

I see you are still preparing to fail.

You cannot deduce that from my post.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #173 on: October 28, 2014, 07:08:47 PM »

I see you are still preparing to fail.

You cannot deduce that from my post.

Past is prologue.  You are a lazy, excuse machine.  Until you ever face reality, make changes and work hard you will continue to fail.  Right now you just waste your own time and others.

I don't think having company for a half a month, which I did not schedule, and not being able to use that bedroom is my fault.  It's not by choice that I cannot practice right now.  I wish I could, but I can't.

That's all we're going to talk about it tonight.  Conversation closed.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2014, 09:09:52 PM »

Memphis, I wasn't feeling real well and wasn't real hungry so I let Dad clean up the meat.  I only had 3 sandwiches instead of my normal 4.  The malt I had at lunch kind of upset my stomach a bit.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 18  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies