What should clergy wear? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:22:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  What should clergy wear? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: What should clergy wear?
Ceremonial vestments

Formal dresses/suits and ties

Jeans and normal shirts

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 31

Author Topic: What should clergy wear?  (Read 7404 times)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« on: April 05, 2012, 06:05:14 PM »

Hey you were the one earlier arguing that God would care about what people wear to church and not approve of hoodies, band shirts and torn jeans.

That was about respect for your deity - my primary point was that I don't think you have it, that for you going to church is supposed to be about you having fun rather than being about worshiping and glorifying your god. The fact that you would refuse to enter a church to worship and glorify your god based solely on the preacher's clothing only bolsters this argument.

To be fair to BRTD, I don't think his point of view is logically inconsistent. If one disagrees with the notion that God requires formal attire during worship service to show Him respect, it follows that one would also choose not to associate himself with a church where the pastor emphasizes this practice by wearing formal business attire. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies