presidential candidate election newbie questions (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 07:32:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Process (Moderator: muon2)
  presidential candidate election newbie questions (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: presidential candidate election newbie questions  (Read 10776 times)
Ryan
ryanmasc

« on: December 01, 2003, 01:45:34 PM »

hmmm useful. Here's another question. What does it take to be considered "officially" running for the nomination.

I mean take the current democrat race. No one seriously expects either Kucinich, Sharpton or Braun to win either nomination or Presidency. Yet they are invited to all debates, used on all polls etc.

How come they are and LaRouche is not??? What qualifications could he possibly lack that say Sharpton has Tongue
Ryan
ryanmasc

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 02:16:10 AM »

hmmm useful. Here's another question. What does it take to be considered "officially" running for the nomination.

I mean take the current democrat race. No one seriously expects either Kucinich, Sharpton or Braun to win either nomination or Presidency. Yet they are invited to all debates, used on all polls etc.

How come they are and LaRouche is not??? What qualifications could he possibly lack that say Sharpton has Tongue

Money and being on the ballot.

As html pointed out LaRouche must have had more money than Braun did at the start of the campaign (he must be having more even now) He could probably show similar support (by way of signatuires etc) to Kucinich and he has about the same elective experience as Sharpton Tongue

So thats the process?? the national committees just randomly choose which of the various screwball and serious candidates they want to declare offcial and which remain only on the ballot???
Ryan
ryanmasc

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 04:53:59 AM »

The DNC said that LaRouche was not a real Democrat... and the courts agreed.

Ok Ok I'm not by any chance a champion of La Rouche, I dont even know about him but he def. sounds like a nutcase.

What about all the other democrats that want to stand?? Is it decided solely by who the national party feels is fit to run??
Ryan
ryanmasc

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 03:04:24 PM »

LOL that would be fun to watch (and thanks for noticing the broader question- I was beginning to wonder if I was asking it wrong Wink )
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies