Caption this picture.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:34:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Caption this picture.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Caption this picture.  (Read 732 times)
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 11, 2019, 01:02:25 AM »

I don't know who this dude is, but they say he's supposed to be a presidential candidate.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 02:33:49 AM »

*Tim Ryan when he realizes he accidentally signed up for the presidential race & now can't cancel his subscription.*

*Tim Ryan while pre-gaming the debate with his buddies & somebody walks in with a 4-foot bong & a beer funnel.*

*Tim Ryan while stoned & riding on a full elevator at 9am in the morning.*

Take your pick.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:14:16 AM »

"When your middle aged father tries to seem hip"
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 11:43:39 AM »

is this a photoshop from another picture or did he actually appear on MSNBC looking like this?
Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 11:55:39 AM »
« Edited: July 11, 2019, 12:41:09 PM by Ἅιδης »

is this a photoshop from another picture or did he actually appear on MSNBC looking like this?

I discovered this gem on Seth Meyers.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 12:19:32 PM »

oh, I see...this is one of things that could just happen to anybody.  If it happens to somebody you like you hope no one notices, if it happens to someone you don't like it's all point and laugh.  The ONLY thing one could take issue with here is that his "normal" style seems to include a backwards baseball cap.  I agree, that's not a good look for an adult male (or really anyone who isn't a catcher on a baseball team or, rarely, someone who wears a cap will need to have his face close to something he or she is working on and will have to put his/her hat down or flip around to douchebag style.

Otherwise this seems to be a human being given a run through by someone else who didn't know they were going to be on TV and thus making a natural "thinking" face.

also, he looks like the alcoholic manager of NOFX

Anzeigenhauptmeister
Hades
Junior Chimp
Israel

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 12:33:11 PM »

oh, I see...this is one of things that could just happen to anybody.  If it happens to somebody you like you hope no one notices, if it happens to someone you don't like it's all point and laugh.  The ONLY thing one could take issue with here is that his "normal" style seems to include a backwards baseball cap.  I agree, that's not a good look for an adult male (or really anyone who isn't a catcher on a baseball team or, rarely, someone who wears a cap will need to have his face close to something he or she is working on and will have to put his/her hat down or flip around to douchebag style.

At least, he reminds me of a football or baseball coach (I think he used to play football in the past), plus he looks quite buff, hence him wearing a baseball cap backwards doesn't look that douchebaggy. If one of the other candidates did this, it would look even more cringeworthy. The only candidates I could imagine who would suit that style would be Beto and Kamala.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 12:35:38 PM »

oh, I see...this is one of things that could just happen to anybody.  If it happens to somebody you like you hope no one notices, if it happens to someone you don't like it's all point and laugh.  The ONLY thing one could take issue with here is that his "normal" style seems to include a backwards baseball cap.  I agree, that's not a good look for an adult male (or really anyone who isn't a catcher on a baseball team or, rarely, someone who wears a cap will need to have his face close to something he or she is working on and will have to put his/her hat down or flip around to douchebag style.

At least, he reminds me of a football or baseball coach (I think he used to play football in the past), plus he looks quite buff, hence him wearing a baseball cap backwards doesn't look that douchebaggy. If one of the other candidates did this, it would look even more cringeworthy. The only candidates I could imagine who would suit that style would be Beto and Kamala.
for sure, he pulls the look off way better than most other politicians would.  Imagine our Douchebag in Chief trying it with a MAGA hat? ahahahahahaahahahahaahhahah

"t'sup ladies?"
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 07:11:45 PM »

"S*** man! I'm high off my ass from Midwestern white working class pandering! What was in that smokestack?"
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 07:55:26 PM »

"When you try Skyping with your dad for the first time"
I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »

Trump Will Win 2020
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 06:11:21 PM »

"S*** man! I'm high off my ass from Midwestern white working class pandering! What was in that smokestack?"

I look forward to you condemning candidates who pander to any other group

I'm not condemning him in this instance, I'm making a joke based on what I most associate with Ryan.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2019, 09:53:52 PM »

I'm not condemning him in this instance, I'm making a joke based on what I most associate with Ryan.

Do you agree that Beto, Castro, and Booker pandered to Hispanics?

That's what being a politician is about. pandering to various groups so you can win an election.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2019, 10:17:05 PM »

Do you agree that Beto, Castro, and Booker pandered to Hispanics?

That's what being a politician is about. pandering to various groups so you can win an election.

Thanks for this; I've been trying to remember the motto of the Democratic Party for ages.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies