according to a link that was posted here
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 12:02:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  according to a link that was posted here
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: according to a link that was posted here  (Read 534 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:33:50 PM »

it said that in the state legislatures nationwide, California Republicans are the most conservative. Does that shock you? It does to me. Considering how democrats have a registration advantage statewide, I always thought that most California Republicans were more moderate because they couldn't run as unabashed conservatives and win elections. When I think of a California republican I think of someone like Tom Campbell or even Pete Wilson (despite supporting Prop 187).
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 11:52:33 PM »

Look at their soulless Congressional delegation and their inability to pass a simple budget.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 01:28:03 AM »

There are lots of moderate Republicans in California, but they tend to not be the ones who get nominated. It doesn't help that they are concentrated in parts of the state that are unwinnable, meaning they can't ever get elected to the Legislature.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 06:59:09 AM »

The parts of the state where Republicans win are really conservative. There's not much else to it. The fact that Democrats are seen as not caring about central valley issues, and water might also help Republicans, but that doesn't really explain their conservatism.

I wouldn't say Californian Republicans are the most conservative in the nation, though.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies