Kirsten-Kyrsten 2020 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:19:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Kirsten-Kyrsten 2020 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of this ticket:
Freedom Ticket

Horrible Ticket

Undecided

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Kirsten-Kyrsten 2020  (Read 1951 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: August 31, 2017, 03:47:57 PM »

Black voters will stay home.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 06:59:29 PM »

When you keep saying this what do you mean? Turnout as compared to what? Obviously this ticket won't get Obama numbers but I could easily see it getting Clinton/Kerry levels of Black turnout.
And you see that there is no such thing as a President Hillary Clinton or Former President John Kerry. Black voters are more important to securing a Democratic victory in post-Obama America, no? Sure, they will get 90 percent of the black vote but the turnout will be pitiful.

The only Dems to get more than 60 percent turnout for blacks in the past 30 years are Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. Black voters are not running to vote for a ticket that has a bi-sexual atheist on it. And Hillary Clinton BLED black male support from Obama 2012. More will defect to the Republican ticket just on misogyny alone.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 08:26:38 PM »
« Edited: August 31, 2017, 08:30:24 PM by RFKFan68 »

When you keep saying this what do you mean? Turnout as compared to what? Obviously this ticket won't get Obama numbers but I could easily see it getting Clinton/Kerry levels of Black turnout.
And you see that there is no such thing as a President Hillary Clinton or Former President John Kerry. Black voters are more important to securing a Democratic victory in post-Obama America, no? Sure, they will get 90 percent of the black vote but the turnout will be pitiful.

The only Dems to get more than 60 percent turnout for blacks in the past 30 years are Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. Black voters are not running to vote for a ticket that has a bi-sexual atheist on it. And Hillary Clinton BLED black male support from Obama 2012. More will defect to the Republican ticket just on misogyny alone.
I don't completely disagree with you here. This ticket is fairly awful. I don't see any particular demographic group turning out en masse for it.

As for importance of the black vote itself electorally I'm not so sure. By all means it is fairly important. It can certainly make the difference in plenty of Midwestern states. That doesn't mean it's tantamount though. If appealing to black voters hurts support amongst white voters that can cause a problem. It's a tough balance to maintain. Democrats really need to find a way to recreate Obama's success with both groups.
As the days go by I feel less and less confident that he is running but maybe Biden? I don't know. Hillary's black support was largely tied to her wrapping herself up in Obama's legacy (she practically had Obama BEGGING black people to vote for her) and that failed. So I doubt it works for Biden but maybe being a male and less of a polarizing figure would help him? It will be interesting how the 2020 nominee decides to tackle this balancing act.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies