Senate District 3 Special Election Debate (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 05:55:55 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate District 3 Special Election Debate (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate District 3 Special Election Debate  (Read 5894 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: July 14, 2004, 06:56:36 PM »

Greetings!

Welcome to the Senate District 3 Special Election Debate!

I am your moderator, Ernest, editor-in-chief of The Region newsthread of Columbia, South-Eastern.

The two candidates who have agreed to this debate tonight are to stage right, Demrepdan, and to stage left, PBrunsel.

The format of tonight's debate is as follows:

To begin with, there will be a set of five questions addressed to both candidates which in the interests of time I would like both to answer as soon as they may and then to reply if they wish to their opponent's answer.  Then each candidate will be given an opportunity to ask two questions of their opponent.  A coin toss was taken before tonight's debate and PBrunsel will get to ask the first question, to which Demrepdan will respond, with each candidate asking the question allowed a brief reply.  Then there will be one more question asked of each candidate individually as selected by the moderator.  Finally each candidate will allowed one brief post for comments, with PBrunsel receiving the last chance to post in this debate.  We will begin when both candidates indicate that they are ready.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 07:03:14 PM »

1) I would like each of you name the person in American Politics, living or dead whom you admire most and briefly explain why. While I expect that many of our viewers suspect they know Pbrunsel's reply, *laughter from audience* I would like both of you to answer and perhaps PBrunsel will choose to confound expectations.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 07:21:12 PM »

While either of you may reply to the other's previous answer, in the interests of time I shall pose the next question now.

2) I would like each of you to name an activity currently done by the government that it should stop doing, and an activity that it doesn't do that you wish it would.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 07:30:15 PM »

While either of you may reply to the other's previous answer, in the interests of time I shall pose the next question now.

2) I would like each of you to name an activity currently done by the government that it should stop doing, and an activity that it doesn't do that you wish it would.

I would ask the moderator if he would please rephrase the question, in order to resolve the confusion as to WHICH goverment he is referring to. (The US Government or Forum Goverment)
I was intending the US government, since I am not aware of the Forum government as having actually passed a budget, I do have some Forum specific questions as well, tho.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 07:44:21 PM »

Let us proceed with question 3, and while I apologize to Demrepdan for this seeming rush, I would like to get this debate over with before 9:00 Central Time.

3) It has been suggested by some that regions should be eliminated and that the Forum should only have a single central government.  I would like you comment on whether you feel that the role of the regions should be increased or decreased.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 08:11:22 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2004, 08:23:36 PM by Ernest (MDP-SC) »

Let me remind the candidates that they are free to ask followup questions concerning their opponent's answers to the previous questions if they wish.

In case they don't wish, let me go ahead and ask my fourth question.

4) What lesson should be learned from the invasion of Iraq?  Please feel free to comment on diplomacy, the military, intellegence, or any other aspect that you feel should be learned from our actions there.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 08:33:48 PM »

Since it has been 20 minutes since I asked the last question, let me proceed with my final question.

5) The Cabinet nominations of President Gustaf were announced earlier today.  Do you have any comments you wish to make about these nominations?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 08:58:57 PM »

Now that I have asked my five joint questions, the time has come for the candidates to do the asking.  So PBrunsel, if you would please ask your first question of Demrepdan?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 09:18:24 PM »

Your turn to ask a a question, Attorney General. Smiley  And unless there are objections, given the lateness of the hour, I suggest that we proceed to the closing statements once PBrunsel has given his answer.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 09:37:55 PM »

I'm sure PBrunsel has already seen my question on page two of this thread. However, I did jump the gun with asking my own question before given permission from the moderator, so I apologize.

I will now state my question again, for formality's sake, as well as the chance that PBrunsel did not see my question since it jumped to page 3.

Do you support giving public unversal healthcare to all Americans? and why or why not?

No need to apologize, as I had indicated earlier that you were to ask a question after PBrunsel, altho I must admit that I was caught by the change to Page 3 myself.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 09:46:31 PM »

And now for the closing statements.  Demrepdan, if you would please go first.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 10:02:08 PM »
« Edited: July 14, 2004, 10:03:29 PM by Ernest (MDP-SC) »

I thank our viewers for having tuned in and to Demrepdan and PBrunsel for having been  patient with my first stint as moderator of a debate on this forum.  For those who may be interested in what The Region has to say about this debate, you'll have to wait, because I have to get up early tomorrow morning.  Good night all!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies