MO-SEN 2018: The Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 08:35:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MO-SEN 2018: The Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Rate this race
Safe D

Likely D

Lean D

Tilt D

Tossup

Tilt R

Lean R

Likely R

Safe R

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 284

Author Topic: MO-SEN 2018: The Megathread  (Read 130992 times)
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« on: July 03, 2017, 01:35:05 PM »

Sarah Steelman or Catherine Hanaway can beat McCaskill in 2018.

Not likely. Those two are exactly the sort of retread candidates that the GOP desperately needs to avoid in 2018.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 02:28:08 PM »

Anyway, regardless of who wins the primary, I think it's far more likely for McCaskill to lose by double digits than it is for her to win reelection.

That was the assumption in 2012, too, and the MOGOP is hardly short on repeats of Todd Akin.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 02:34:08 PM »

Anyway, regardless of who wins the primary, I think it's far more likely for McCaskill to lose by double digits than it is for her to win reelection.

That was the assumption in 2012, too, and the MOGOP is hardly short on repeats of Todd Akin.

2012 is, politically speaking, a century ago. Can you imagine a Republican candidate running in a red state saying something similar to Akin's "legitimate rape" rape comment and actually losing to their opponent? They're literally beating up reporters on election day eve and still winning fairly comfortably.

From what I understand, most of the vote was already in by the time Gianforte had his, ah, little moment. Also, until I'm proven wrong, I'm holding onto the possibly naive hope that Trump's win was a metaphysical glitch in reality and won't be repeated.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 11:20:39 PM »
« Edited: October 30, 2017, 11:23:41 PM by Representative Cactus »

McCaskill's husband is in the ICU for heart surgery per her twitter. I hope he gets better. If doesn't, I could see McCaskill retiring. Morbid, I know, but something to consider.

She might retire anyway, considering she's already had one medical curveball to deal with (see above). I don't think it's tremendously likely, since - and I say this with all the respect in the world for her - McCaskill is sort of the ultimate career politician, but I also wouldn't be surprised if this made her finally step out of politics.

If she does, our best candidate is obvious. Considering how close he came to unseating Blunt in the ultimate banner year for Missouri Republicans, Kander would probably beat anyone the MOGOP put up against him.
Cactus Jack
azcactus
United States

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 05:06:11 PM »

And Trump found his.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies