Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:38:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Obama Backs Gay Marriage! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama Backs Gay Marriage!  (Read 33300 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« on: May 13, 2012, 07:00:20 PM »

Oh boy. I read one page of this thread and see someone assuming Martin Luther King Jr.'s position on same-sex marriage, the same person using the founding fathers to justify his crappy position, and a troll using polygamy as bait. At least reading Coretta Scott King's quotes were lovely.

Well, for me the polygamy issue is critial for me in this gay marriage debate.  I main problem with gay marriage is not the position itself but what agenda I preceive is driving it.  In my view gay marriage is more about making the gay lifestyle socially acceptable.  I am very much for the government not dictating who can get married and who could not.  In that sense I am very much for making gay marriage legal.  At the same time I am opposed to using the power of the government to even give the impression that certain social views are acceptable and mainstream and certain views are not.  My concern about gay marriage being about pushing the gay lifestyle agenda can be mitigated if we combine that with polygamy legalization which I also support as well.  The issue should be about free choice and not a lifestyle agenda.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies