Freeform election game (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 10:24:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Freeform election game (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Freeform election game  (Read 8184 times)
SamTilden2020

« on: November 09, 2017, 04:33:03 PM »
« edited: November 10, 2017, 07:28:36 AM by SamTilden2020 »

Name: Daniel Gomez (R-NM)

Born: July 12 1975 (48 Years Old)

Ideology:
A Combination of Ron Paul and Marco Rubio

Family:
Angelica Gomez (Wife, First Lady of New Mexico), 47 Years Old
Enrique Gomez (Son), 14 Years Old
Delfina Gomez (Daughter), 11 Years Old

Offices:
Member of the Albuquerque City Council (ABQ-6): 2009-2013
Representative from New Mexico's First Congressional District (Southern ABQ+ABQ 'Burbs): 2013-2019
Governor of New Mexico: 2019-Present

While NM has been on the Leftward Slope as of late, Congressman Gomez appears to nevertheless be strong. As Homecoming King at South ABQ High, and a Summa Cume Laude GPAer at NMSU, he has lived a very successful life. Winning a seat in an upset on the ABQ council in the 2009 Special Election, he has been on every Republican recruiter's mindset. As GOP Recruiter Randy L. Patrick once said, "Our competitiveness in the land of enchantment depends on one name being on the ballot; Gomez."

While he may keep the southwest in play for the GOP, he is barely known outside of the Southwest.

Excerpt from 538, "Gomez keeps NM Dems in check":
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
SamTilden2020

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 07:07:14 AM »
« Edited: November 10, 2017, 07:10:52 AM by SamTilden2020 »

PoD must be pretty early (NM-04 being a thing in 2015, as well as someone born in 1999 being able to be elected Congressman/Governor/President in 2014/2018/2024), eh, Sam?

Like you, I copied from the previous game, and I set my terms back 24 years (Forgot to fix my age and move to NM-1)
SamTilden2020

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 12:04:12 AM »
« Edited: November 13, 2017, 12:05:52 AM by SamTilden2020 »

Statement from Governor Gomez of New Mexico:

"With President Warren spearheading the nearly successful effort to reinstate the Glass-Steagall act, I can say with certainty that the state New Mexico remains firmly divided on this issue, despite its passing. As Governor, I cannot support such an outdated and irresponsible act from passing. However, as many residents of the state of New Mexico feel in favor of reform, I will remain committed to launch a sensible solution to their worries. In the New Mexico Senate, a bipartisan bill sponsored by State Senators Rick Ellis and Juan Rodriguez consider various reforms that aren't too extreme, but nevertheless fit the bill for the struggling New Mexican economy, and the public's needs."

Jan 11 2023:Gomez reportedly discusses presidential run with Rio Rancho Mayor Nick Barrett, and wife Angelica in meeting in Rio Rancho Mayor's office.
SamTilden2020

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 02:36:41 AM »

Out of curiosity, who chairs the RGA?
SamTilden2020

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2017, 03:58:20 PM »

Jan 14 2023 Press Conference, Santa Fe

Reporter (KOB 4): "In your alternative to President Warren's bill, you suggested a more moderate replacement for the bill, referencing the bill in the state Legislature. What are your thoughts on its passing in the senate?"

Gov. Gomez: "I'm happy to see this bill being passed. While president Warren's ideas may be on point, the bill in congress does many reckless things to this country. This bill accomplishes those ideas, while being far less reckless with the economy."

Reporter (KASA): "Eres tu considerando entrando en el elección por el presidencia?" (are you considering entering the presidential election)?

Gov. Gomez: "Si. Yo considerando entrando el elección por la presidencia, Y yo tengo formando un comité exploratorio por el elección."

Reporter (KOAT): "For the few in New Mexico who don't understand Spanish, what did you say about the election?"

Gov Gomez: "As I said, I have formed an exploratory committee for the election, as I am considering a run for the presidency?"

Reporter (KASA): "Si entra, que sera tu estrategia?" (If you enter, what will be your strategy)?

Gov. Gomez: "No Lo Digo!" (I won't say)!
SamTilden2020

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 07:23:27 AM »

January 17: Gomez to meet with Gov. Justice, Gov. Greitens for Gubernatorial summit on the negatives of the Gold Standard (and bill)

Jan 20: To make speeches in CO and AZ on the President's policy problems "tres años adelante"

Jan 25: To make State of the State address (Santa Fe)
SamTilden2020

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 03:58:31 PM »

Jan 17th (Anti-gold Governor's summit)

Jan 20 (events)

Jan 25 (SOTS)

(My guess is Warren's SOTU is near?)
SamTilden2020

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 07:45:07 AM »

Gomez interview on Fox News w/Tucker Carlson (Jan 30)

TC: "Welcome to the show, Governor Gomez"

Gomez: "Good to be here, Tucker"

TC: "So Governor, your thoughts on President Warren's State of the Union"

Gomez: "President Warren has thrown through many radical and dangerous ideas that threaten the very fabric of our Country. The way she has taken credit for them is very concerning (to say the least) for many."

TC: "Given your opposition to Warren's agenda, as you said, what would be the program you oppose most?"

Gomez: "That certainly is a hard call, but i'll go with Glass-Steagal. The law is an outdated, dangerous attempt at the centralization of our Government."

TC: "Your thoughts on the ongoing feud between Congressman Smith and Senator Greenfield"

Gomez: " laughs To my knowledge, as Governor, I know the people of New Mexico have bought every last package of Popcorn in the stores for this beautiful theatrical show."

TC: "Alright, Alright, one last question, and the one on many minds. Are you running for president in 2024?"

Gomez: "You know what, i've talked it out with Angelica and my Kids and many of mis amigos, and you know what they've said"

TC: "What did they say?"

Gomez: "Gana el elección por los Estados Unidos!" (Win the election for the united states!)

TC: "So you're running then?"

Gomez: "Si! Yes! One Hundred Percent! It's time the white house had some real leadership!"

Gomez officially enters the race for president
SamTilden2020

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2017, 11:50:03 AM »

February 1: Event in Reno, NV

February 4: Event at UNLV College Republicans

February 5: Event in Las Vegas, NV

February 7: Event in Phoenix, AZ
SamTilden2020

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 05:53:02 PM »

Gomez to UNLV College Republicans: I would vote no [on Glass-Steagal]
SamTilden2020

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 10:58:06 PM »

So what is the current NM Congressional delegation? My guess is this:

Senate:
Martin Heinrich
Brian Egolf (Udall retires)

House:
NM-1: Tim Keller (with a 2 day boost in seniority since Gomez would take office January 1, two days before the 115th congress ends)
NM-2: R who wins in 2022(IDK WHO)
NM-3: Ben Lujan
SamTilden2020

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 01:49:47 PM »

Tweet from Andy Greenfield (@Greenfield4ME)

“Can’t wait to watch Anderson and Gomez debate. I know who I think will win. Who do you think will win?”

Twitter poll by @Greenfied4ME:

Henry Anderson: 56%
Daniel Gomez: 44%

Tweet from @DGomez:

Down -12 in a Dem internal. Excellent results!

Prepare to be blown away at the NPR debate #LasVeagasDebate
SamTilden2020

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 06:50:51 PM »

Reply to the tweet (@DGomez):

"Good luck to you as well. May the best man win!"
SamTilden2020

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 11:31:36 AM »

OOC:I've given permission to Cactus/Anderson to share both his and my responses for the debate.

(BTW: We did it via PM, to allow for some rebuttals to be added in, and for some real-time reactions in the debate.)
SamTilden2020

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2017, 03:49:07 PM »

Gov. Gomez's statements:

By virtue of the coin toss, Governor, you may make your opening statement.

"Thank you all for allowing me here tonight. I look forward to seeing what Senator Anderson has to say on this topic."

Governor, you on the other hand say that this will only harm the economy. Can you explain why?

"Well, this bill was originally drafted in 1933, back when the United States was in the midst of the great depression. This was intended to curb unnecessarily risky stock investment by banks, as you've said. This was indeed a useful idea back in those days. However, literally 90 years have passed, and since its repeal in 1999, more useful and sufficient regulations have been passed to ensure banks remain stable, in a post-Glass-Steagall era. Reinstating such outdated and unnecessary regulations would over-regulate the banks, providing aftershocks to the economy."

"Your rebuttal on Sen Anderson's statement?"

"You did make a good point. Overambitious banks played a role in starting the 2008 crisis as well. However, while I do oppose Glass-Steagall, I am not opposed to reform in general. Consider the New Mexico senate's Rodriguez/Ellis bill, which I support. It would reform the system in the way Glass-Steagall did, but will provide regulations more tailored to the current state of the National and New Mexican situation."

To both of you, Senator Richard Cole of Maine made the headlines by being the only Republican to vote in favor of the bill, and has stated his reasoning is that we don't have a fully democratic monetary system, and as such, the system needs rules. Do you agree with his line of reasoning?

"I disagree with this. Glass-Steagall will only provide more unnecessary regulations in today's age, for the reasons I previously mentioned. Additionally, this bill would leave a lot of the interpretation to Government officials, who can be subject to severe corruption to dangerous, destabilizing levels. Given his supposed "Libertarian" ideas, this is something I wouldn't expect him to support. While I oppose overzealous banking measures by big banks, giving more control to the Government would shift the corruption risk to the Government. And as the situation in Venezuela has shown, a corrupt Government can do far worse things to an economy than the banks. The point is, unnecessary regulations and overcentralization is the opposite of "democratic", and is a stunning rebuke to limited Government from Senator Cole."

Governor Gomez, recently former President Donald Trump criticized Senator Carson Palmer on Twitter, and is reportedly planning to hit the trail to promote his SuperPAC, Keeping America Great. In an interview recently, Mr Trump stated "The Republican Party is still my party . . . they need my supporters to win." Governor, does the former President, who had, according to several studies, one of the least successful and most controversial Presidencies ever, still a major voice in the Republican Party?

"Well I think that with every president, we have to look toward their benefits, and be careful not to repeat their mistakes. I acknowledge that during my tenure as Congressman, I've heard from many constituents from around the time of Trump's 2016 campaign say that even though they agreed a lot with his message, his baiting of 'Mexico' in essentially every other speech is what drove them to vote for Clinton, former governor Johnson, or Utah native Mr. McMullin. His controversial branding led to a difficult 4 years in congress, which is mainly why I decided to run for Governor in 2018. What Trump did accomplish, however, was that he demonstrated through both his win and eventual defeat, is that there is a considerable sect of the American Population who feels disaffected with the American political system, and seeks change for the better. These people have been let down various times, and whether you are a now-unemployed coal miner from Pennsylvania, or a poor hombre from New Mexico, I will not let them down."

Governor?

"I'd also like to thank PBS, NPR, Mr. Gonyea, Las Vegas, and of course Senator Anderson for allowing this opportunity."
SamTilden2020

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2017, 07:50:26 AM »

Gomez Campaign HQ (Albuquerque):

"Great job with the debate, Governor!"

"Gracias. Our numbers should be on the upwards after this."

"And we are getting all these new volunteers for the campaign"

"Excellente! ¿Dónde debemos viajar? (Where should we travel?)"

"We appear to be decently ahead in Nevada and California. We haven't hit Iowa, New Hampshire, or South Carolina yet."

"Visit the areas in regions. While we're in Iowa, for instance, we should hit Minnesota and Missouri as well. South Carolina would also warrant visits to Georgia and North Carolina. Cole probably has New England under a Topaz fist, so I doubt we should spend too much time there."

"Excellent. We need to boost our numbers."

Gomez Schedule Feb 15-Feb 28:
15: Rally in St Louis, MO
16:Rally in Chicago, IL
17: Rally in Madison, WI
18: Rally in St. Paul, MN
19: Rally in  Omaha, NE
20: Rally in Des Moines, IA
22: Rally in Atlanta, GA
23: Rally in Miami, FL
24: Rally in Huntsville, AL
25: Rally in Chattanooga, TN
26: Rally in Charlotte, NC
27: Rally in Myrtle Beach, SC
28: Fundraiser in Charleston, SC
SamTilden2020

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2017, 10:03:04 PM »

OOC: New turn will start tomorrow. Moving houses is a b***h.

Huh
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies