Gov. Strickland rails against "shameful" GOP voter-suppression laws (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:13:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Gov. Strickland rails against "shameful" GOP voter-suppression laws (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gov. Strickland rails against "shameful" GOP voter-suppression laws  (Read 2280 times)
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« on: August 16, 2012, 12:06:34 AM »

The Strickland statement seems to be an assertion backed up by nothing. As long as one can get an ID for free and conveniently, I am not impressed with the Dems' argument that a penny's worth of suppression of ineligible voters costs a dollar's worth of suppression of legitimate voters. It seems more of a talking point to rile up the Dem base.

Can you get an ID for free in Ohio? Or in Pennsylvania for that matter?

Another thing to keep in mind is that even if the ID is provided for free, the underlying documents needed to get that ID often are not.

I had to get a copy of my birth certificate a few years ago and that took quite a bit of time to process in addition to the fee. I imagine it's even more frustrating when you've moved to a different state and have to do things through the mail.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies