Possible GOP comeback? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 05:16:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Possible GOP comeback? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Possible GOP comeback?  (Read 8549 times)
Trueconservative

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: 5.91

« on: April 27, 2012, 12:01:49 AM »

It might be in the far future, but I believe the GOP might have a comeback. Everything is trending Democrat and Liberal at the time, but who knows, the future goes on forever so one of these days there will probably be some sort of Conservative revolution, the question is when or if it will ever happen. I think it is a very likely thing, considering how much time there is. What do you think?
Trueconservative

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 12:19:15 AM »

I mean over all, people are getting more and more Liberal as we speak. Once the older generation dies off, then the Liberal revolution will really have taken its toll on conservatism. Also I am talking more about Social conservatism, not a bunch of Libertarians.
Trueconservative

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 02:28:50 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2012, 02:34:29 PM by Trueconservative »

Society is always changing and evolving. If you want to call that "becoming more liberal", so be it (although it would be a simplified description of the phenomenon).

A reversal of such societal changes is pretty unlikely. For instance, there won't be a rollback on gay marriage/civil unions, just like you shouldn't expect racial segregation to be re-introduced or women's suffrage to be repealed at any point in the future. In a sense, conservative movements were never able to prevent social change, they only succeeded in slowing it down.

Of course, all of this hasn't much to do with a "GOP comeback". The Republicans will hold the more conservative position on political issues for the foreseeble future and they're also going to win elections. The definition of "conservative" can and will change over time though.

What I mean is that what your saying won't happen could happen, because there is so much time, but when? I personally would rather live in a 19th century world with the exception of the lack of medicine. Sooner or later the new thing will be Conservatism. The sun won't blow up for a really long time you know. That Democrat from Louisiana is right.  The world is always changing, and for now it's just getting more and more Liberal. Eventually they will get so Liberal that they can't get any more Liberal, so everyone will start getting more Conservative. Of course it's hard to tell what will happen in a million years but you never know. Something else I predict in the pretty near future is that I'll be banned from the forum for being too radically Conservative. 
Trueconservative

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 02:45:43 PM »

@Hopper, Libertarianism is better than flat out Liberalism, but the problem with it is pro gay rights isn't just letting them be gay and blah blah, it's making everyone endorse them or they are the bad guys. It isn't just letting people be, it's more like forcing them to believe that things against they're beliefs are not problems at all. Also abortion is basically murdering. It's like saying "Let a woman murder her child, It's her choice to make." You could say murderers should have the right to choose to murder and not go to jail. I think instead Libertarians should just leave people be and let them have their opinions, even if they're opinions are as radically conservative as mine. And yes, mine are very radical.
Trueconservative

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 03:14:28 PM »

I'm talking far future. Also I agree that social Conservatism is going down. The only reason that you are right about the fact that Libertarians should be glad about the downfall of Social conservatism is because there is to many social Liberals.
Trueconservative

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 11:30:02 AM »

Ya, that's what I mean.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies