Rep. Altmire (D-PA) may be thrown off ballot because of where a staffer lives. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:41:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Rep. Altmire (D-PA) may be thrown off ballot because of where a staffer lives. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Rep. Altmire (D-PA) may be thrown off ballot because of where a staffer lives.  (Read 1571 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: March 04, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »

Actually, he might be thrown off the ballot because the signatures the staffer collected might not be valid (because she might not be allowed to circulate for Altmire due to residency requirements) but the title I chose grabs your attention.  Wink

http://www.timesonline.com/news/local_news/challenge-to-altmire-s-petition-hinges-on-staffer-s-home/article_a8330c1a-eb0c-587a-a139-8a4f3b234309.html

Congressman Critz has challenged 942 of Altmire's 1,651 signatures. Altmire's camp withdrew over 300 suspect signatures. The aide in question submitted 385 signatures. If a judge rules that she does not actually reside in the district and, therefore, cannot circulate for her boss, the signatures she obtained would be thrown out and Altmire would be off the ballot pending an appeal.

A ruling is expected tomorrow - Monday, March 5th. Oh, the drama... Smiley
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 12:39:29 AM »

So who is Santorum going to be voting for on Tuesday?

No idea what the joke is here. Enlighten me.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 08:40:15 AM »

I know that. My point is that Santorum won't be able to vote for himself, because he's not on the ballot there.

Weak reach at a residency joke.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 05:25:43 PM »

Judge rules in Altmire's favor.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies