Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:27:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mueller report thread - Mueller testimony July 24  (Read 66162 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: March 22, 2019, 04:19:21 PM »

Nothingburger. Trump wins re-election with 270 red wall (2016 - MI/PA).

There's that idiotic word again. Most who use it end up being wrong anyway. Trump is not winning Michigan or Pennsylvania again.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 05:14:44 PM »

So what if there are no indictments? Democrats can run on innuendo like Republicans did against Hillary Clinton. "After all, Mueller is a Republican so it's not like he would recommend indicting Republicans". The spin writes itself and could be very effective if played right.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2019, 05:23:07 PM »

Not the report mind you, the Dem reaction.

And what will you do if this doesn't get Trump reelected? Nevermind, I'm afraid to ask. Lol.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2019, 05:29:39 PM »

Even without indictments there could be terrible information in that report. People can do unethical things and still not break the law. The court of public opinion can judge based on anything and that is what Republicans fail to understand. You can't force people to vote for Trump just because he wasn't indicted.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2019, 05:36:33 PM »

Even without indictments there could be terrible information in that report. People can do unethical things and still not break the law. The court of public opinion can judge based on anything and that is what Republicans fail to understand. You can't force people to vote for Trump just because he wasn't indicted.

Every President for decades has done terrible things.

And? You aren't really adding anything relevant to my point.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 06:15:45 PM »

Laughing out of context is a sign of very bad things.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 06:18:58 PM »

It's kind of stupid to even think this will help Trump get re-elected since the corruption angle is already baked in and there are tons of other things that people hate him over, plus more time for him to do more things to make people hate him even more. If anything this probably will push him to overplay his hand even more.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 03:14:13 PM »

This is pretty much a case of behaving unethically but doing it without actually leaving enough evidence to be charged.

For example, if I hated a person and wanted to ruin their expensive new white suit I could pretend to trip and fall with a glass of grape juice, spilling it all over them. If I merely threw it on them it would be assault, but if I faked a believable accident that then I would have accomplished my goal without actually breaking the law and putting myself in legal trouble.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 03:21:36 PM »

The way I see it this still leaves Democrats to frame the situation however they choose. Trump's Attorney General is claiming he did nothing wrong while not letting the public see the report. That's an easy talking point right there.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 03:24:32 PM »

So you mean to tell me all those "NO COLLUSION!" tweets...

People have already been indicted for crimes, so it's pretty clear something was happening. But I suppose you could be like Manson followers and say Manson was innocent because he had other people commit crimes...
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 03:33:56 PM »

It may not be "exonerating" for Trump, but clearly Democrats should focus on something else in the 2020 election.

Yeah. Like 2024.

Trump spent the past week attacking a dead man. Believing, 2020 is the end of his presidency.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 07:09:37 PM »

Scott Pelley just begin 60 Minutes by saying, "The Mueller Report findings completely exonerate President Donald Trump".

Today is a Reaganfan sort of day.

That person is an irresponsible hack that should be fired for saying such a thing.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2019, 07:49:11 PM »

I accept Mueller's ultimate conclusion, which we now have available.  But the full report should be released.

Also, the president most certainly did attempt to obstruct justice.  Barr's personal conclusions are irrelevant and unimportant.  I want to see Mueller's full, uncensored report.

In any case, it seems like (again, without having the full report--which is a necessity) there was no collusion, and I accept that.  Provided the full report is released and confirms that, I think Trump just won reelection.

That totally ignores the fact that he has has countless other problems that come in way ahead of collusion (which many people believe did happen). He spent last week attacking a dead person, he shutdown the government and didn't even get what he wanted and the list goes on. He needs more collusion to get re-elected and collusion that involves tampering with actual votes.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2019, 08:58:57 PM »

I accept Mueller's ultimate conclusion, which we now have available.  But the full report should be released.

Also, the president most certainly did attempt to obstruct justice.  Barr's personal conclusions are irrelevant and unimportant.  I want to see Mueller's full, uncensored report.

In any case, it seems like (again, without having the full report--which is a necessity) there was no collusion, and I accept that.  Provided the full report is released and confirms that, I think Trump just won reelection.

That totally ignores the fact that he has has countless other problems that come in way ahead of collusion (which many people believe did happen). He spent last week attacking a dead person, he shutdown the government and didn't even get what he wanted and the list goes on. He needs more collusion to get re-elected and collusion that involves tampering with actual votes.

Nobody cares about any of that anymore, all of that will be forgotten by American voters. Meanwhile, Trump can shape the narrative on this and bring it up whenever he wants to humiliate Democrats and delegitimize any other investigations or ethical concerns that they have. I'm still not convinced 100% that it has cemented his re-election, if this had dropped in October of next year it would have, but it unequivocally is a benefit to him. 

All of that is already baked into public perception. With that said he does something outrageous every week and there is no reason to think he will change in time to be re-elected. If anything this report will prompt him to do worse things.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 11:20:32 AM »

This contradicts the idea that Russia never interfered in the election at all. There is more than enough evidence here to sanction Russia for violating our campaign finance laws. Foreign entities are not allowed to spend money in US elections.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 10:31:06 AM »

Debbie Lesko called Mueller Mr. Miller. Lol.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2019, 01:40:27 PM »

The conclusion remains that the heifer was not exonerated.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2019, 01:57:08 PM »

The conclusion remains that the heifer was not exonerated.

But there was not even enough evidence to charge. 

No, that wasn't what was stated. Pretty much that only thing protecting Trump is that a sitting President cannot be indicted. Mueller said he could be charged post presidency.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies