Opinion of Enoch Powell (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 09:17:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Enoch Powell (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Enoch Powell
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 44

Author Topic: Opinion of Enoch Powell  (Read 4431 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: August 06, 2012, 06:23:47 PM »

A true FF. He was indeed a mega racist, but I admire his ability to speak his mind, even when it cost him. I think Rivers of Blood was a racist, hateful speech attacking Africans (many of whom were British to begin with, seeing as they came from the various colonies) living in Britain, but the context of it (that a national heritage was at risk of being lost instead of the immigrants assimilating) was and is great a great warning to all people in all countries that their cultures are at risk.

I think the speech is highly worth reading, regardless your opinion of Enoch Powell.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »

A true FF. He was indeed a mega racist, but I admire his ability to speak his mind, even when it cost him. I think Rivers of Blood was a racist, hateful speech attacking Africans (many of whom were British to begin with, seeing as they came from the various colonies) living in Britain, but the context of it (that a national heritage was at risk of being lost instead of the immigrants assimilating) was and is great a great warning to all people in all countries that their cultures are at risk.

I think the speech is highly worth reading, regardless your opinion of Enoch Powell.

I fail to imagine a way for these two attributes not to be mutually exclusive. At least not for a 20th century figure.
I suppose the part I bolded was your point; I was going to argue the whole Lincoln/White Supremacy thing (which is not proven). Even in the 20th and 21st centuries, many of our leaders are racist, but they, for political purposes, do not allow their own bias to influence decisions. It is more common than you would think, but just being called racist is automatic death in American politics these days.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:20:22 PM »

You know, normally, when people try to make arguments for folks like Powell being FFs, they, you know, downplay or at least don't focus on the whole 'rivers of blood' thing.
Rivers of Blood was racist against the wrong race, if you think about it. The Muslim population in Britain seems to be more fitting to what Enoch was scared of. Whether he was right or night, I cannot objectively judge, as I am not British, but on the surface, he seems right. I hate to admit it, but it seems to me that he was.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 07:45:48 PM »

Rivers of Blood was racist against the wrong race, if you think about it. The Muslim population in Britain seems to be more fitting to what Enoch was scared of. Whether he was right or night, I cannot objectively judge, as I am not British, but on the surface, he seems right. I hate to admit it, but it seems to me that he was.

What a vile little crypto-nazi you are.
If that comment is a crypto nazi comment, I guess it makes me one. I never said I was against the Muslims immigrating to the UK (or the USA), I just pointed out the fact that they seem to fit in with what Enoch was talking about, and that he seems to have been right about the fact that many have refused to assimilate. I hardly see how this comment gives you the right to insult me; I have always stayed pleasant with other members here, even when I STRONGLY disagree with what they are saying. I would be lying if I said none of the posters on here intimidate me; indeed, most do. So many have been for so long, long before I came, and I try hard to not anger them.  You, however, are not one of those people.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies