As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:20:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread) (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: As Bushie's World Turns (The Update Thread)  (Read 318153 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2012, 04:20:57 PM »

Did Simfan really call it? Or did everyone in the forum call it?

Sorry to hear, Jeff. Looks like you and I will be in the same state next week. Super scary!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2012, 06:20:47 PM »

Either you're flat-out lying about the circumstances surrounding the last couple of weeks, or Xerox (or Apple? Why did you mention that Apple was involved at one point?) invented a Rube Goldberg-esque scheme to get rid of you ... and trust me, companies like that don't bother with ridiculously intricate fabricated promotions in order to get rid of someone. They simply fire them.

Don't forget "I've already shredded that job offer because it's no good anymore."  Who ever heard of such a thing?

Yeah, I would never do that. Of course, we're all pretty sure that letter never existed.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »

Hope you find something soon, Jeff. Honestly, you know that there have been a few of us out there who have given you some good advise, even going back to telling you not to leave your job at ONG. We know you need a job, but you keep jumping from call center to call center, and the same things happen. Hopefully you get some good prospects soon, and will get back on the right track. Just remember, some of us may have poke fun, but we dont want to see you fail.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »

Possible jobs in Kansas, but El Reno was too far?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2012, 08:49:13 AM »

I've also got my good friend and former fellow Atlasian, jamespol looking for me in Northern Utah. 

Yeah, you also had someone who had a job opening for you in Oklahoma that paid pretty well too, and was still fairly close to your home.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2012, 10:25:04 AM »

Not near as often.  When I went this past Monday, it was the first time I had gone in a couple months.

Good cause the threat to ban you for being a fat still exists, no?

At least mod review, yes.  The criteria for avoiding the 50 death points was 25 pounds.  I've got 6 weeks left and I have lost 15 pounds.  It's been more difficult with my mother being in the hospital this week, and because of that, I'm still going out, but I'm just getting a singly patty burger with no cheese and no fries.  I started at 264, and I'm down to 250.  So, I guess that's 14 pounds to be exact.

Ah, ok, mod reivew......but Mikado's a serious man (except when he's drinking and whoring around), so get to losing the weight Wink

We are super cereal. We're getting ready for the final day.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2012, 11:10:36 AM »

Oh Bushie! You're heart is in so many states. I'm sure that soon we will find out that you left you're heart in San Fransisco.

Anywho, y'all are so tiny! I'm a real man. I'm 6 foot, and an average weight of 387lbs. People love it. I get special seating and everything!
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #132 on: August 23, 2012, 07:50:30 AM »

It's gotta be the abs
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2012, 11:53:24 AM »

It's people who have that stupid irrational fear that this storm is going to shut everything down is the reason I don't have much gas in my car. Why, you ask? Because I'm not waiting an hour for gas.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »

There are more important questions that need to be asked. Exactly how many eggs do you have, and how large is this basket you're talking about? Also, where is this basket? Can you take pictures?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2012, 12:25:36 PM »

Hmm.. I really hope this turns into something real. This certainly can't be a joke, because although entertaining, Bushie is certainly no Ruth Buzzi.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2012, 02:01:38 PM »

Hmm.. I really hope this turns into something real. This certainly can't be a joke, because although entertaining, Bushie is certainly no Ruth Buzzi.

I will assure you, it is nowhere near as real as the love we have for one another.

Purple heart

Guys, I know what job I have and I'm going up there on Monday to get into the hotel.  The reason for the hotel is to make 100% sure this job is going to last.  I know it will last, but just by some chance it doesn't, I'm not tied to a 6 month lease.  I'm taking things cautiously because I remember what happened to me in Kansas City 5 years ago and Dallas 4 1/2 years ago.  I dont want a repeat.  Anyway, I will get up there Tuesday evening about 3:00-3:30 and sign the paperwork and get the badge on Monday, and officially start Wednesday, September 12, 2012.  I will be fine.  Inks, not all of my eggs are in this basket.

Again.. can you give us any specifics of this basket, as well as exactly how many eggs we are talking about. The people have the right to know.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2012, 03:51:17 PM »

See, this is almost like that one job he had, where he thought it was for Playground equipment.. he showed us the link to the place and everything...and it turned out to be a different company, selling vacuums.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2012, 09:55:01 PM »

Jeff, I have a serious question for you. I was reading this, and something hit me and I really feel like this has to be asked.

Now, as we already know, I'm not a very religious person anymore. So please, don't take this as a jab at your faith or anything. Now, we've talked about a leap of faith when you left ONG, and about how the Lord is going to help take care of you during all the rough times you've encountered since that time.

You claim that God has spoken to you, and about your calling to Kenya. Sometimes we all know, messages can be subtle, and where you least expect them. You've left a job we all told you not to leave, and had a series of job escapades one after another.. and a lot of older and wise members of the forum tell you it isn't a good idea, but you choose to ignore it.

After all this rambling, I've got to just ask.. do you think it might, in some way be possible, that  someone higher is speaking to you, through the forum. A lot of people like to raz you, but admit it... you know that some of us have only the best intentions, and try to point you in the right direction. Heck, two of us have already tried to get you legitimate positions. Maybe someone thought the best way to communicate with you, was through somewhere you'd least expect Wink
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #139 on: August 31, 2012, 08:00:57 AM »

L-O-L
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2012, 10:55:45 PM »

Good luck on the drive, Jeff. I remember my move to both PA and TX fondly. They were both great adventures.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2012, 12:19:46 PM »

^ Still, I wouldn't add over an hour and a half to my drive, to just go through part of Idaho. If I lived 50 miles from it, I would just wait and on a day off, go visit the state.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2012, 08:53:55 AM »

I respectfully decline to answer your question, Jesse, for privacy reason.  In case you haven't noticed, I'm trying to start holding personal information back.

AKA, his parents are paying for it.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2012, 04:26:13 PM »

I actually love Wal-Mart. It's 3 miles closer than a regular grocery store, they tend to be cheaper, and they have a much wider selection. It's so convient for me to go to Wal-Mart versus finding an HEB or something like that here in Houston.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #144 on: September 06, 2012, 01:06:08 PM »

I'd figure there would at least have to be a room he could rent, or something to that effect.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »

Perhaps you should try and focus on working in Ogden and making a good impression, and not put too much focus on Salt Lake.

That's what I did. I got the job in PA, and worked hard, proved myself, and after 9 months got the offer to come play with the big boys down here in Houston.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2012, 01:41:41 PM »

Have you considered pursuing education as a career? Your spirit and your organization in the reporting makes me think you ought to...

I have not considered education as a career.  That is an interesting idea.  I do believe I would be good at it.

What subject could you teach, that makes you believe you would be a good shaper of minds.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2012, 10:00:00 AM »

The idea of Bushie teaching children represents what's worst about America.

Seriously?  Teachers only get like $30,000/year, who do you think will become a teacher?   If they'd double or triple the salary it might attract someone a bit more exciting.

Where are teachers only making that much a year? Most teachers are starting off at 40 grand. A friend of mine who I went to school with is a teacher now, and is making almost 60 thousand a year. Teachers make good money, and have great benefits.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2012, 12:36:18 PM »

Yeah.. I'm going to just let opebo keep living in his fantasy world, mainly because I know I'm right, and he's wrong.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2012, 06:25:08 PM »

I base your wanting to continue this arguing on the fact that you like me. I'm flattered
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies