Weatherboy for re-election to house!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 04:30:29 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Weatherboy for re-election to house!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weatherboy for re-election to house!  (Read 200 times)
GM Team Member and Deputy PPT WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2018, 07:07:39 PM »

Hello all! I am seeking re-election to the House of Representatives once again, under the same platform. I know I  haven't been very active lately, which I am sorry for, but I hope to be more active during this coming term.

Policy Positions:
Minimum Wage: increase to 15$/hour over a period of 5 years, and tie it to inflation.
Healthcare: Single-payer healthcare is a final goal, a possible transitional system is to buy in to existing government healthcare systems.
Bathrooms and Transgenders: Don't interfere in where people want to go to the bathroom. Simple as that.
Taxes: Higher taxes on the rich and less on the working class. Eliminate tax loopholes, etc. as well.
Gun Control: Ban assault rifles, high capacity magazines, and bump stocks. Have a universal background check on all purchases to make sure guns don't get into the wrong hands.
Education: Free college ASAP. Pay off all student loan debt.
Free Expression: As long as it isn't violent or threatening violence, it's fine.
Foreign Policy: We need to spend less on the military and invest it here at home. If another nation has attacked us, then do something, but don't intervene in civil wars, etc.
Infrastructure: Build up more and better infrastructure. Invest in mass transit, especially.
Energy: Try to get onto full renewable energy ASAP.
Abortion: keep abortion how it is, but increase sex Ed funding (not just abstinence either) and encourage  the use of contraceptives. This will decrease the amount of abortions over time.
Euthanasia: allow citizens with terminal illnesses to end their lives.

NEW!
Deficit reduction, regulations, etc.: We should try and eliminate as much of our current debt and deficit as possible, and try to make several expansions to programs be as efficient and cost-effective as possible. Getting rid of dumb business subsidies, regulations, etc. as Reactionary has done is helpful. However, we only need to cut useless and unnecessary regulations, and keep several others in place.

In addition, I support the Progressive Platform, shown here:
1. Phasing out fossil fuel based power plants for clean and renewable sources, using a combination of solar, wind, hydro, tidal, thermal, and nuclear.
2. Training programs for fossil fuel industry workers to help them become employed in modern industries.
3. Modernization of Atlasian infrastructure.
4. Ensuring the rights of LGBT people and reducing discrimination.
5. Updating school curriculum for modern times and take steps to prevent low income students from receiving lower quality education.
6. Closing tax loopholes used by corporations and the wealthy.
7. Auditing government departments, particularly defense, to find and eliminate unnecessary spending.
8. Streamline the immigration process to encourage legal immigration, allow those here illegally to become legal citizens, and encourage asylum seekers to come into Atlasia.
9. Don't start unwarranted wars.
10. Expand our global research partnerships.
11. Make the federal government a model employer.
12. Reform the criminal justice system to focus more on rehabilitation and end mass incarceration.

I hope to get your support!

Endorsements list:

Pericles
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 07:12:54 PM »

Endorsed!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 09:37:14 PM »

JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 11:14:45 PM »

Endorsed.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 11:15:53 PM »

Endorsed for re-election and for Speaker.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies