Some lunatic Bernie supporters are blaming Chelsea Clinton for NZ massacre
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:10:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Some lunatic Bernie supporters are blaming Chelsea Clinton for NZ massacre
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Some lunatic Bernie supporters are blaming Chelsea Clinton for NZ massacre  (Read 2513 times)
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2019, 08:48:13 AM »
« edited: March 16, 2019, 09:32:42 AM by NYGurl »

That's some grade A stupidity there. (the topic)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2019, 09:43:10 AM »

These people are deranged but it's not Bernie's fault LOL
Barack Oganja

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2019, 09:46:43 AM »

Definitely not his fault, but if he's the nominee than the derangement of a vocal minority of his supporters may be enough to throw the election to Trump
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2019, 09:50:10 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2019, 09:53:35 AM by Fuzzy Bear »

What is the point of this thread? That a group of guys are being idiots and said group happens to support Bernie? And therefore, Bernie Sanders is unqualified to be president?
It wasn't a "group of guys". It was actually a group of mostly females.

Also, the point of this thread was just to show the lunacy of SOME Bernie supporters. They hate the Clintons so much that they'll put blame on any Clinton for something completely unrelated. It's ridiculous.

Additonally, this is trending on Twitter. So i just wanted to share it.

I think it’s well known that that many Bernie supporters are not rational, including many who are in this thread.

I’ll give you the trending on Twitter bit because to my surprise it actually is trending on my feed. I just think we’ve had a zillion threads that have resulted in an outcome similar to what we are witnessing on this thread.

In voting, I have to overcome the nonsense on Atlas all the time.  I'd have never voted for Gillum for Governor if I had to think about Beto Bro all the time, and not about the nuanced reasons I had for voting for Gillum (who, in my final analysis, was "less worse" than DeSantis).

I like Bernie a lot more than Hillary, but he does attract kooks.  I voted for Trump in 2016, and agree with him on some issues (not others), but he attracts some kooks.  I didn't vote for Hillary Clinton, who attracted the people who were not kooks, but whose politics and persona I dislike the most (latte' liberalism, excessive political correctness, faux concern for the underclasses that they distance themselves from).  Unless you consider it kooky that her supporters include Podesta and Palmeiri, who proposed to infiltrate the Catholic Church with large numbers of liberals in order to influence it to become more liberal on social issues and turn it into a Mass Constituency for the Democrats.

I will note that the candidates who propose the most change attract the most "kooks".  Perhaps that's because they assume that the candidates furthest from the center somehow are "just like them" in some way.  That's often not true; being a kook means that you aren't grounded in reality, and you can often assign qualities to others (including your chosen political candidates) that aren't there.
Lord Admirale
Admiral President
YaBB God
United States Minor Outlying Islands

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -0.70

P P P

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2019, 10:10:10 AM »

They are going to be the reason why Bernie never becomes President.
Sadly they're in huge numbers, so they might give Trump a second term.

I don't see America surviving an election between Trump and Sanders.

You’re more hysterical than a stereotypical 1950s housewife reacting to a mouse.
It’s because both attract very toxic bases and the two facing each other would just send hoards of fanatics charging at each other. Whoever wins, the loser will claim fraud or something along those lines.

As for foreign policy, both are horrible for American interests. You and I have stark differences on foreign policy. To me, both threaten our ability to keep our lead ahead of Russia and China. Russia is collapsing but China is certainly rising.

FAKE NEWS.

Again by every opinion poll Sanders supporters were the least sexist, most open-minded, polite, helpful etc.

If this is the standards for labeling supporters as toxic, Hillary had rapists & pedophiles supporting her including Weiner. So Hillary's base condoned sexual assault?

I am sure Obama also had supporters who were prone to violence or committed other misdemeanors, so should the whole base be labelled as toxic?

You can label any & every politician's base as toxic by that logic. Take some random Twitter person, check his political affiliation & label the entire base as "TOXIC"
Okay Don.

First point, don’t think that’s entirely true. Just look at Bernie Bro syndrome (and don’t deny it exists, just because you didn’t see it doesn’t mean it didn’t exist). I’m sure there are good Bernie supporters, but there’s a strong, toxic, vocal minority that harass and belittle other people who don’t agree 120% with Sanders.

Second point sounds like it’s straight off of infowars so I’m not gonna touch that lol

Third point is a great case of “Whataboutism”

Fourth point, nope.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2019, 10:12:08 AM »

Definitely not his fault, but if he's the nominee than the derangement of a vocal minority of his supporters may be enough to throw the election to Trump

President Hillary Clinton agrees that awful supporters hurt candidates.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2019, 10:15:22 AM »
« Edited: March 16, 2019, 11:20:11 AM by Crumpets »

For the record, this is exactly what Chelsea Clinton said to "incite the Islamophobic mob."

Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2019, 10:18:45 AM »

Pro-tip: If you care about your own sanity and don’t want to lose hope in humankind, stay off of Twitter.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2019, 10:21:19 AM »

Pro-tip: If you care about your own sanity and don’t want to lose hope in humankind, stay off of Twitter.

Words to live by, my friend.
Theodore
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -2.78

« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2019, 11:17:15 AM »

Words to live by, my friend.
James Monroe

« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2019, 11:22:05 AM »

Sad to see many Bros attack the Clinton's even after the election, To blame Chelsea over the New Zealand shooting is despicable and Bernie should condemn these radicals for daring to insert a person life into a tragedy. This will remind him just how toxic his supporters are that it will cost the Democrats a victory in 2020.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2019, 11:30:36 AM »

Bernie Bros are almost as bad as Trumpkin's deplorables.
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2019, 11:34:21 AM »

It's extremely easy to nutpick on Twitter. I wouldn't make a bigger deal out of it than that.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2019, 11:39:51 AM »

It's extremely easy to nutpick on Twitter. I wouldn't make a bigger deal out of it than that.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2019, 11:41:00 AM »

Bernie Bros are almost as bad as Trumpkin's deplorables.

But you at least know what to expect from a Trump supporter. They make no qualms as to exactly where they fit into the debate, who they are loyal to, and who they will attack. I have no idea what some of these Bernie supporters stand for anymore. I don't even know if these sorts actually want universal healthcare and free college education. They just seem to want to play inquisitor.

The other difference, however, is that Bernie has a much larger mainstream following than Trump does, and hopefully they are the ones he would reflect when governing. Trump's leadership reflects the worst elements of his support base.
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2019, 11:50:17 AM »

It was (and might stil be) trending on Twitter.

Also, did you guys not watch the video? There was actually a group of Bernie supporters that confronted Chelsea Clinton.

Additionally, the title says "SOME lunatic Bernie supporters". SOME.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2019, 12:34:50 PM »

This isn't about Bernie or Chelsea or even about Christchurch. This is about the Strasserist Front exported from the UK attempting to make the price of speaking out about antisemitism too high to bear.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2019, 01:32:29 PM »

Why are we talking about this?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2019, 01:45:48 PM »

I would assume because the daughter of a former President is being harassed on social media and in person for her opposition to antisemitism?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2019, 01:46:58 PM »

I would assume because the daughter of a former President is being harassed on social media and in person for her opposition to antisemitism?

This thread is literally about a couple twitter comments.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2019, 01:51:15 PM »

It's much more than a couple, and the incident kicked off with Clinton being confronted by an online radical and recorded by another as they accused her of "complicity" in Christchurch.
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2019, 02:07:45 PM »

The irony in my case is I only hear about the what goes on on Twitter because people post it here, despite being on twitter quite often.

(And my hope for humankind was gone a long time ago.)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2019, 04:39:06 PM »

It's much more than a couple, and the incident kicked off with Clinton being confronted by an online radical and recorded by another as they accused her of "complicity" in Christchurch.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2019, 07:36:13 AM »

No, it happened IRL with Twitter followup.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2019, 07:46:35 AM »

No, it happened IRL with Twitter followup.

Ah, I see. Okay, this is worth discussing then.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies