Mr. Ratburn comes out as gay (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:15:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Mr. Ratburn comes out as gay (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mr. Ratburn comes out as gay  (Read 1448 times)
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: May 14, 2019, 06:33:40 PM »

That's really stupid
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 07:07:24 PM »

No it's not. There will be tens (hundreds?) of thousands of kids who watch this and later turn out to be LGBTQ, and for those who come from anti-LGBTQ families, it may be their only exposure to the idea that it's OK to be gay.

It's a children's cartoon, I don't want a cartoon flaunting sexuality, I want them to be entertaining to my (hypothetical) children, not teach them the message of social justice. 
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 07:22:52 PM »

No it's not. There will be tens (hundreds?) of thousands of kids who watch this and later turn out to be LGBTQ, and for those who come from anti-LGBTQ families, it may be their only exposure to the idea that it's OK to be gay.

It's a children's cartoon, I don't want a cartoon flaunting sexuality, I want them to be entertaining to my (hypothetical) children, not teach them the message of social justice. 

So you don't want any straight characters in any cartoon? Really??

I don't want the characters sexuality to be known in a cartoon? Why? Because it doesn't matter for god's sake.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 07:38:02 PM »

So you don't want any straight characters in any cartoon? Really??

I don't want the characters sexuality to be known in a cartoon? Why? Because it doesn't matter for god's sake.

It does. The children are already exposed to such questions and I'd rather have them being educated in this manner than by overhearing musings of their their gay-hating uncle Bob.

If you want to teach your children about this culture then that's your right, but at least in the US Arthur recieves tax payer funding, and I think it is questionable to teach our young people about this as a government.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies