The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 07:21:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 77
Author Topic: The Klartext Landfill for Absurd, Ignorant, and Deplorable Posts VI  (Read 153188 times)
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1400 on: May 08, 2017, 03:49:16 PM »

Mainly misogyny against Hillary Clinton.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
evergreen
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1401 on: May 08, 2017, 04:21:10 PM »

not absurd at all
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1402 on: May 08, 2017, 05:44:48 PM »

The "child" in question was an incorrigible and borderline-illiterate moron whose parents somehow had left him under the impression that casually calling for genocide is acceptable. He needed to be told off.

It's unfortunate that some posters seem to believe that a teenager ought to be coddled just because he's writing at several grade levels below where he should be. Hateful and ignorant bile is hateful and ignorant bile, and BRTD's reproaches were doing the kid more good than the sorry excuses and sob stories that more deluded posters insisted on trotting out instead. I suppose that they would have preferred that BRTD give this sad character a gentle pat on the head while telling empty stories about what a "good boy" he is.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #1403 on: May 08, 2017, 05:48:44 PM »

The "child" in question was an incorrigible and borderline-illiterate moron whose parents somehow had left him under the impression that casually calling for genocide is acceptable. He needed to be told off.

It's unfortunate that some posters seem to believe that a teenager ought to be coddled just because he's writing at several grade levels below where he should be. Hateful and ignorant bile is hateful and ignorant bile, and BRTD's reproaches were doing the kid more good than the sorry excuses and sob stories that more deluded posters insisted on trotting out instead. I suppose that they would have preferred that BRTD give this sad character a gentle pat on the head while telling empty stories about what a "good boy" he is.

Don't really see what's wrong here. If he's referring to BRTD being mean to Classic Conservative, then he's absolutely justified.
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1404 on: May 08, 2017, 08:27:37 PM »

Classic Conservative is still young and impressionable. This type of attitude towards him is the exact behavior that will just lead to him moving further away from your political views.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1405 on: May 08, 2017, 08:44:39 PM »

Classic Conservative is still young and impressionable. This type of attitude towards him is the exact behavior that will just lead to him moving further away from your political views.

I'm not saying the scorched-earth brand of persuasion BRTD often uses is preferred, but it's probably more effective than trying to bargain with someone who just regurgitates the opinions of right-wing news sites that often tend to promote vile beliefs. You can't really convince someone who's just gonna end up crawling back to the bubble of Breitbart, Fox News, the_donald, etc.

And him being young is hardly an excuse for the things he's posted no matter how undercooked those ideas are.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1406 on: May 08, 2017, 09:26:14 PM »

If Classic Conservative's BS is excusable because he's "young and impressionable," then perhaps we should consider raising the minimum age for posting here.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1407 on: May 08, 2017, 09:30:07 PM »

If Classic Conservative's BS is excusable because he's "young and impressionable," then perhaps we should consider raising the minimum age for posting here.

We gotta let them come on here and try and educate them while they're still young. Otherwise it'll take forever for them to abandon their asinine views and they become lifelong Trumpets marching in tune for their Dear Leader.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1408 on: May 08, 2017, 09:30:52 PM »

Classic Conservative says some out there things, but he means well.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #1409 on: May 08, 2017, 09:36:54 PM »

If being young makes you too delicate to handle the fact that others disagree with you, maybe don't go onto a public forum and say things that are clearly going to be proactive? Say, for instance, advocating ethnic cleansing. Just a thought.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1410 on: May 08, 2017, 09:38:52 PM »

That is exactly what happened with me when I first showed up here.
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

« Reply #1411 on: May 08, 2017, 11:07:40 PM »

We gotta let them come on here and try and educate them while they're still young. Otherwise it'll take forever for them to abandon their asinine views and they become lifelong Trumpets marching in tune for their Dear Leader.
Yes, because this forum has a significant influence on the American electorate.
The_Doctor
SilentCal1924

« Reply #1412 on: May 09, 2017, 04:45:19 PM »

We're supposed to be nice to younger posters in the hopes they convert to our views? Oh come on give me a break. This sounds like giving a trophy to every millennial for participation. Either hit back, defend your views, or adjust them. They'll toughen up, develop better arguments, or change their arguments. This isn't a safe space.

I thought the Trumpians were all about destroying safe spaces anyway?
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1413 on: May 09, 2017, 05:23:40 PM »

Classic Conservative has said some pretty awful stuff and has rightly been called out on that. This forum's minimum age is 13, but it's a political discussion forum and anyone who posts here should be willing to have their views challenged. Posting his picture on AAD and using it as a meme, however, is DEFINITELY not OK.

Another thing we should keep in mind is that CXSmith knows Classic in real life and therefore probably knows some things about the situation that we don't.

Also I don't remember people getting this outraged when omegascarlet was being bullied (and to clarify, I think that we should be outraged in both cases).
mieastwick
Rookie

« Reply #1414 on: May 09, 2017, 05:27:44 PM »

Guys, let's not bully anyone. I believe that's against the TOS.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1415 on: May 09, 2017, 05:47:20 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't see what's wrong with that--

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Oh.

I don't get why so many Democrats like to play into the false "Trump is the candidate of the working class" narrative pushed by Trump supporters. Why not complain about all the rich people in GA-06 who voted for him?
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #1416 on: May 09, 2017, 06:34:15 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 06:37:47 PM by Sprouts Farmers Market ✘ »

Classic Conservative has said some pretty awful stuff and has rightly been called out on that. This forum's minimum age is 13, but it's a political discussion forum and anyone who posts here should be willing to have their views challenged. Posting his picture on AAD and using it as a meme, however, is DEFINITELY not OK.

Another thing we should keep in mind is that CXSmith knows Classic in real life and therefore probably knows some things about the situation that we don't.

Also I don't remember people getting this outraged when omegascarlet was being bullied (and to clarify, I think that we should be outraged in both cases).

I do recall a good bunch standing up publicly (and hopefully several others offering private support), but you are completely correct otherwise.
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=258309.0

Evenly divided just like now. Half are nice people who can respect other human beings that make themselves active members of the community and half are basically vile with limited capacity for empathy.

We're supposed to be nice to younger posters in the hopes they convert to our views? Oh come on give me a break. This sounds like giving a trophy to every millennial for participation. Either hit back, defend your views, or adjust them. They'll toughen up, develop better arguments, or change their arguments. This isn't a safe space.

I thought the Trumpians were all about destroying safe spaces anyway?

It's called attacking the argument and bigoted belief, not the person. Your strawman doesn't stand. You are supposed to be nice to everyone.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1417 on: May 09, 2017, 07:34:19 PM »

"If only Atlas had been nice to me, I wouldn't think non-whites are inferior"
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1418 on: May 09, 2017, 08:44:42 PM »
« Edited: May 09, 2017, 08:46:46 PM by Senator PiT, PPT »

You know, you're proving the point here. Classic and Sanchez haven't said anything of the sort to my knowledge, but you just put it in their mouths. I would be exaggerating to say that Atlas is radicalizing me (some of the stuff I see IRL is just as bad), but I can tell that this kind of attitude is not going to make your target re-evaluate his positions anytime soon.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix

« Reply #1419 on: May 09, 2017, 09:49:19 PM »

Is it really? I think that needs to be moved up to 18 and enforced retroactively. LLR could get amnesty though.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1420 on: May 09, 2017, 09:50:53 PM »

I'm not sure Classic Conservative is necessarily ban-worthy on his own merits but if every attempt to discuss how to respond to his abhorrent views is going to turn into a drawn-out fracas then the forum might well be better off with him gone.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1421 on: May 09, 2017, 09:53:33 PM »

You know, you're proving the point here. Classic and Sanchez haven't said anything of the sort to my knowledge, but you just put it in their mouths. I would be exaggerating to say that Atlas is radicalizing me (some of the stuff I see IRL is just as bad), but I can tell that this kind of attitude is not going to make your target re-evaluate his positions anytime soon.

Key phrase
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1422 on: May 09, 2017, 10:10:46 PM »

Bullying and personal attacks are against the ToS.  It's that simple.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1423 on: May 09, 2017, 11:48:50 PM »

Is it really? I think that needs to be moved up to 18 and enforced retroactively. LLR could get amnesty though.

Nah, I like the age limit where it is. This bullying definitely needs to stop though.
Technocracy Timmy
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1424 on: May 09, 2017, 11:58:09 PM »

Yes, because this forum has a significant influence on the American electorate.

Nowhere did I say or infer that. But anyhow one less Trumpet in the world is a slightly better world.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 ... 77  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies