Conrad to Retire (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 01:54:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Conrad to Retire (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conrad to Retire  (Read 15261 times)
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« on: January 18, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »
« edited: January 18, 2011, 02:46:07 PM by Torie »

Hopefully Ginsburg sees the writing on the wall and retires sometime before the next election.

If Ginsburg retires too close to the election, the GOP will filibuster, just like happened late in LBJ's term, when he nominated Abe Fortas (who then dropped out after ethics issues popped up).  So if Ginsburg is thinking about retiring, she had better make up her mind.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 03:32:29 PM »

Democrats might as well kiss the Senate goodbye at this point.

I dont see that at all.  Every other Democrat is in a state Obama will carry with the exception of McCaskill(barely) and Tester. 

Do you think Obama will get 53.5% of the vote again?
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 10:42:55 PM »

I am cautiously optimistic that Brown may hold on in Mass, even if Obama is re-elected. I have this gut feeling Mass voters may be getting bored being represented by a wall of Dems, assuming there is a presentable Pubbie who is not too offensive to add a bit of variegation to the mix, particularly if it looks like the GOP will take control of the Senate, which appears to me to be a more likely than not scenario, unless Obama gets something close to his prior margin in 2012. Just my idle speculation, based on nothing much. I hope Brittain33 is not laughing at me too hard on this one. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies