tack50 for Senate - Statement on term split
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:57:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  tack50 for Senate - Statement on term split
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: tack50 for Senate - Statement on term split  (Read 1680 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2019, 10:09:36 AM »

Polls are now open! Remember to go out and vote 1st preference for tack50!
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2019, 03:31:00 PM »

Endorsed.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2019, 11:24:54 AM »

Statement regarding the senate election

First of all, I would like to start this statement by congratulating everyone involved in this election, including president-elect tmth, governor-elect Peanut, all new members of Lincoln's assembly and the 3 other candidates that shared a ballot with me: LouisvilleThunder, Misteer and Poirot. No matter who won or lost in the end, we can all agree that the true winner of the election last weekend was the Atlasian people.

As you may already know, Lincoln's Senate election has been officially certified as a tie between myself and LouisvilleThunder. Not only that, but the certification itself has been controversial, involving a ballot which is unclear if it's valid or not.

I hope the election authorities, and if it goes to a suit, the courts, find an appropiate ending to this election; and no matter what happens I promise will 100% respect and abide by the decision of the appropiate election authorities and the people of Lincoln.

We must keep high confidence in our elections. As Governor-elect Peanut said, democracy cannot work where there is doubt. We must not let this controversy put a larger stain in Lincoln's or Atlasia's institutions.

x tack50
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2019, 12:49:12 PM »

I will reiterate my full support for you in this runoff election. I am of the belief you would be a top quality Senator, and I would love to be able to work alongside you in Nyman.
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2019, 04:05:16 PM »

Endorsement reiterated for the runoff!
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2019, 04:59:07 PM »

ENDORSED
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2019, 05:01:42 PM »

(Still) endorsed!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2019, 09:52:38 AM »

Statement regarding a runoff vs a split term deal

I've been talking to my opponent in this election, Louisville Thunder; and I can confirm I've been formally been offered a split term deal.

I am thankful for the offer and I really appreciate it. However, considering the circumstance surrounding the election, I can't do anything but reject this offer and state that my preferred option is to go for a runoff.

The reason is a very simple one. The election certification involved a controversially invalidated ballot. It's for that reason that I feel the best course of action is not to accept a split term deal, but to go for a runoff instead.

A runoff would give all Lincolnites a chance to properly vote this time and to get their voices heard. Meanwhile a split term deal would not let them speak and instead go for a deal done mostly behind closed doors.

I realize that this puts me in a very weak spot. If I lose this runoff I will be out of office (barring an appointment or a special election or something of the sort), but I do not fear that. I also do not fear the fact that I'm a heavy underdog as the invalidated votes come from people who voted LT over myself. This is a more radical "all or nothing" approach, which I personally don't like taking, but I think it's the morally right choice for Lincoln. Democracy means that everyone's voices will be properly heard, and that means the better choice is the runoff.

All of the above only means that I will have to work twice as hard to win back the opinion of swing voters and to get my supporters out to the polls to vote in the runoff.

I know some Lincolnites might be disappointed at the lack of a deal and would feel tired by a runoff election; this decision will probably not come without controversy. But I personally think a runoff is the better option for Lincoln; as everyone's voice should be heard.

This decision is not fully set in stone, and I am open for convincing from here until the deadline for the runoff to be inevitable. This is just my campaign's position as of this precise point in time (20th of February, 2019 at 14:53 GMT)

I also realize this is a decision that must be taken by both campaigns bilaterally, so I look forwards to further dialog with Louisville Thunder and Secretary of State 1184AZ on the issue. I also welcome any feedback from other politicians or private citizens on the issue.

I only wish that this election doesn't put a stain in our trust in democracy; and that we can all come together in the end as Lincolnites and Atlasians. No matter who becomes Lincoln's next Senator, said person will have my full support.

Thank you!

x tack50
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2019, 04:37:45 PM »

Endorsed for the likely runoff.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2019, 07:28:15 AM »

Again, very much endorsed! Your commitment is great and you will be an awesome Senator.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2019, 10:31:39 AM »

Polls are now open for the runoff! Remember to vote tack50 for Senate!

Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2019, 12:58:45 PM »

This election is incredibly tight, just like round 1. One final push, there's still time to vote!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2019, 12:26:11 AM »

Congratulations!*

*Another tie but still elected
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2019, 12:38:39 AM »

the hands of both candidates are now tied.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2019, 12:57:05 AM »

It was surely a wild ride these past few weeks as it ended in a double tie. You were an excellent opponent for me to face, and I look forward to a good term split agreement and both of us doing great work for the people of Lincoln.
FairBol
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2019, 12:09:35 PM »

Wow.  ANOTHER TIE?? Has this ever happened in Atlas history? :-O

BTW, congrats to both of you!
Attorney General & PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2019, 12:20:52 PM »

Wow.  ANOTHER TIE?? Has this ever happened in Atlas history? :-O

BTW, congrats to both of you!

October 2016 Presidential Election says Hello.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2019, 05:11:58 PM »

Statment on term split

Good afternoon everyone.

First of all, I would like to congratulate co-senator elect Louisville Thunder. This was definitely an election for the history books and I have loved facing him this past 2 months, he has definitely been a great opponent. This election has definitely been very exciting.

I have to communicate that after talking with him, and in accordance to Lincoln law, we have decided to split the term. The exact details are that I will take the first half of the term (running until the end of April if I am not mistaken) and Louisville Thunder will take the 2nd half of the term (starting in May).

This double tie is a testament to how divided the region has been, but also to how exciting and competitive elections can be at times. Now it is time for everyone to work together for this great region that is Lincoln.

Thank you very much!
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2019, 05:25:54 PM »

I can't wait to work with you in the Senate!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies