Israel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:42:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Israel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Israel  (Read 72016 times)
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: February 25, 2008, 04:29:50 PM »

I'm not going to support terrorism like Xahar, but there is a difference between those cases. The korean family bought that apartment, while the Israeli settlers just invaded and infringed on the arabs' property rights. I'd think two libertarians/classical liberals would be able to see the difference...
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 02:29:03 PM »

I'm not going to support terrorism like Xahar, but there is a difference between those cases. The korean family bought that apartment, while the Israeli settlers just invaded and infringed on the arabs' property rights. I'd think two libertarians/classical liberals would be able to see the difference...

I see your point, but I think the premises that would need to be true for it to work just aren't there. If there shouldn't be any koreans in Sweden they don't have a right to buy apartements either. From the Jewish perspective the Arabs did not have a right to the land because they usurped it to begin with. I can't say I'm all that familiar with the workings of the settlements but do they actually evict Arabs? Because I didn't think that they did.

From the Native American perspective, the Americans don't have a right to their land because they usurped it to begin with Roll Eyes You can't really go back further than a few generations in these matters, or else you're going to be juggling all sorts of force. as for not evicting Arabs, are you kidding? Where do you think the refugees in the neighboring countries came from?
I never claimed there shouldn't be any Jews in Israel, just they should not have used force in returning as if they already owned the place.
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 01:21:54 PM »

Do you know how Israel treats Jewish converts to Christianity?
Bono
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 02:26:25 PM »

Do you know how Israel treats Jewish converts to Christianity?

Does that matter?

Rom 11:29 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies on your account; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, God's gifts and his call are irrevocable.

And he will cleanse Israel upon his return:

Rom 11:26 The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

Not according to their ways, but according to his promise:

Eze 20:44 Then you will know that I am the LORD when I have dealt with you for My name's sake, not according to your evil ways or according to your corrupt deeds, O house of Israel.

Of course it matters. I do not deny that there the promise made to Abraham is valid. The land of Israel was nothing more than the type of what the inheritance of the seed of Abraham is, that is, the whole universe in the person Jesus Christ, whose kingdom shall have no end.
What I do deny is that Christians are obliged to support land grabbing by apostate Jews who persist in rebellion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies