Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 08:13:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Have you leaned what Jesus and your bible teaches?  (Read 2251 times)
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« on: January 13, 2019, 12:07:40 PM »

Awareness of the supernatural is the higher stage of consciousness. It’s called supernatural because its existence isn’t obvious to the senses.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 06:26:28 PM »

He does challenge the conventional wisdom here and I don't think anyone can convince me otherwise.
It is important to challenge group think.

There is no conventional wisdom here to be challenged. You think the fact that most posters on this board are Christians is a product of “group think”, but no one comes here to be converted, they come here to share their perspectives, and most posters happen to come from a Christian background. You and Greatest I Am could also come here to share your perspectives, but you don’t. Greatest I Am claims to be a gnostic who’s achieved gnosis, but he’s never made a single thread about historically-existing Gnosticism or his personal experience of enlightenment; you posted earlier in this thread that you have to meditate to cope with this board, but you’ve never made a detailed post about meditation. Instead you both just post the same inanities over and over again - “Exoteric religion bad, esoteric religion good, here’s a YouTube video or a quote from some famous person supporting my position”. We’ve all heard it way too many times to care.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 11:02:31 AM »
« Edited: January 15, 2019, 11:28:56 AM by Mopolis »

Regards
DL

they come here to share their perspectives, and most posters happen to come from a Christian background.

If you have so little respect for the other people on this board, why do you bother posting here? And it isn’t just that you don’t respect anyone here - no one here respects you either. How could we? You are offensively ill-informed about the religions you critique. Just take a look at one of the posts you made above, claiming that Paul “lied about a supernatural realm that no one can access”, when Paul explicitly claimed that we can access Heaven (2 Corinthians 12:2). Now I’m sure that you’ll dismiss this incident; atheists in general are dismissive of religious experiences, and you aren’t uniquely guilty of that. You are uniquely guilty of arrogance.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 01:30:52 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2019, 01:38:29 PM by Mopolis »

Regards
DL

they come here to share their perspectives, and most posters happen to come from a Christian background.

You are uniquely guilty of arrogance.

--Robert Ingersoll

My point was very straightforward: no one here respects your opinion on religious matters because you are uninformed on the topic of religion. I gave everyone an example of you being uninformed. You ignored my example so that you could repeat the same talking point you’ve reiterated four hundred times before.

The mistake you always make is that you project your own ignorance onto others. You think that because a talking point seems compelling to you, who has never read a book in his life, that same talking point will seem compelling to us, each of whom has read at least one book (probably more). Stop doing that. Put away the street inhalants. Make some friends. Please.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2019, 03:09:49 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2019, 03:14:06 PM by Mopolis »

I gave [sic] no idea of what un-informed area you are talking about but you must have been really busy to insure [sic] that everyone got it, --- as you say.

I was referring to your claim that Paul had no direct knowledge of Heaven, in spite of his scriptural claim to the contrary. You can look back through the thread to find my verse citation, if you aren't too busy ignoring the content of this post.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2019, 06:13:16 PM »
« Edited: January 15, 2019, 06:23:50 PM by Mopolis »

Do you not know how much older than Christianity the notion that we cannot know anything of the unknowable and unfathomable God is?

The religious experience is as old as humanity itself. The idea that God exists, but we cannot know anything about him, is not something anyone has ever believed, but something you might espouse if you’re jealous of those who have had religious experiences.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies