What if George Bush Sr had been re-elected in 92 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 08:20:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  What if George Bush Sr had been re-elected in 92 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would the Republicans have put up in 96 if Bush 41 won re-election?
Dan Quayle

Bob Dole

Pat Buchanan

One of the Bush sons

other (Specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: What if George Bush Sr had been re-elected in 92  (Read 3075 times)
RJ
« on: January 23, 2005, 03:09:53 PM »
« edited: January 23, 2005, 03:11:36 PM by RJ »

I'm almost certain it would have been Quayle. Even though he was not very well liked, there was enough of a base to vote for him. He also would have had much more recognition than even Dole. Plus, he probably would have had the endorsement of a sitting two term president.

And of course you have George W. and Jeb who by 96 had their own political careers and probably would have had their names tossed up. 

George Jr. was elected as the governor of Texas in 1996 and Jeb won the same in Florida in the same year, or so I've read, so their political careers would probably not be established at that time, although(little known fact) "Dubya" ran his father's campaign in 1988.

Not trying to hi-jack a thread or anything and I'll start a new one if it gets too out of hand, but I think a more interesting question would be who would the republicans have run in 04' if Gore won in 2000?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies