What if George Bush Sr had been re-elected in 92 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 05:36:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  What if George Bush Sr had been re-elected in 92 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would the Republicans have put up in 96 if Bush 41 won re-election?
Dan Quayle

Bob Dole

Pat Buchanan

One of the Bush sons

other (Specify)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: What if George Bush Sr had been re-elected in 92  (Read 3079 times)
DanimalBr

« on: January 22, 2005, 11:44:14 PM »

I attended the inauguration ceremonies on Tuesday.  And as they were introducing the guests, I saw a face and heard a name I haven't heard in a long time, Dan Quayle.  And I'm starting to ask myself, what if George H. W. Bush had won re-election in 1992. 

For most of the past century, whenever a two term president comes to the end of his time in office, the sitting V.P. seems to always get the nomination for the next election.  V.P Nixon got the nomination in 1960 after Eisenhower.  V.P Bush got the nomination in 88  after Reagain.  V.P. Gore got the nomination in 200 after Gore.   Cheney will be the exception as it looks unlikey he will run in 08 due to health reasons. 

But given how much the press pounded Dan Quayle, and his constant image problem, I wonder if he would have gotten the nod in 96 had Bush 41 won re-election.  You also had Bob Dole at that time who's career was ending and as it turned out he made one final run at the presidency.  You also had Pat Buchanan who tried several times to get the Republican nomination.   And of course you have George W. and Jeb who by 96 had their own political careers and probably would have had their names tossed up.  So who would it have been
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies