PA Map (in my opinion) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:00:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  PA Map (in my opinion) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA Map (in my opinion)  (Read 9801 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: June 06, 2005, 12:59:15 AM »
« edited: June 06, 2005, 01:17:44 AM by Senator Supersoulty »

Obviously never been to Clearfield County, have you?

Perhaps I should elaborate, while we do tend to lean stongly for the Republicans in national elections, the county council is made up of one liberal democrat, one moderate democrat and one conservative republican.  Bud George, who represents the state house district that is basically just Clearfield County (minus DuBois) is a Left-of-center Democrat.  The state rep who represents DuBois, Dan Surra, is a liberal Democrat.  The top judge for the county is also a liberal democrat, while the associate judge is a Republican.

Clearfield County also has two papers, the Clearfield Progress and the DuBois Courier, each have about equal circulation.  The Progress is generally right-leaning in its editorial section, though they endorsed Clinton in 1992.  The Courier is strongly anti-Bush and anti-Republican in its editorial section, the guy who owns it Denny Bonivito has expressed his hatred of Bush several times in public and in the paper.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies