Republicans- Which ticket would make you vote Obama/3rd Party?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 03:20:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Republicans- Which ticket would make you vote Obama/3rd Party?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Republicans- Which ticket would make you vote Obama/3rd Party?  (Read 2478 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 21, 2012, 07:33:21 PM »

I personally would vote for Goode if Romney chose Christie... I do not like Christie's attitude- I find him unprofessional and find many of his past and views questionable...

HOw about you?
Fargobison

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 07:43:12 PM »

Romney picking some incompetent right wing hack like Palin would make me vote third party.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 07:56:11 PM »

Hell, if Romney picked Dennis Kucinich I'd still probably vote for him before I'd vote for Obama.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 12:31:28 AM »

If Romney picks a boring moderate I will vote for Goode.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 12:46:30 AM »

I'm almost certainly voting 3rd Party, but I'm not about to consider the American Christian Jihadist Party.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 01:36:15 AM »

If Romney picked Palin or someone like that, I'd consider going to Obama, but I trust he won't make a crazy mistake like that. I hope he learned from the McCain campaign's trip ups.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 01:47:14 AM »

Probably Romney / anyone will make me vote third party. If he picks either of the Pauls then I might vote for him, but it will depend on a lot of things. Nothing would make me vote for Obama.
Ashley Biden's Diary
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 04:08:28 AM »

Romney/Christie would definately destroy my enthusiasm for the race, but I'd still vote Romney. I guess if Romney picked a liberal like Brown or Snowe that might make me consider a third party. The only way I vote Obama is if an unforseen issue comes up that I agree with him strongly on, and that's unlikely.
argentarius
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 07:58:16 AM »

Out of the possible VPs, the only one that could make me vote Romney is Christie.  But I don't have a vote anyway.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 08:24:50 AM »

I'm almost certainly voting 3rd Party, but I'm not about to consider the American Christian Jihadist Party.

They're not really jihadists though; jihadists want war and these guys are non-interventionists. Whether they want to impose some form of Christian Sharia on the US is another matter (they do), but they don't want to impose it on other nations.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, 11:22:41 AM »

I'm getting a very sour taste in my mouth because of my endorsement of Romney, so if he picks a running mate that I don't absolutely love I'll probably campaign for Gary Johnson.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »

I'm getting a very sour taste in my mouth because of my endorsement of Romney, so if he picks a running mate that I don't absolutely love I'll probably campaign for Gary Johnson.

So 20GJ12 then?
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2012, 11:48:27 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2012, 05:24:21 PM by HagridOfTheDeep »

Can I be the jerk-off in the room that makes an obvious point (a point that none of the Democrats here will ever make)?

No third party candidate will win the the presidency in 2012. There is zero chance. It's between Romney and Obama, and that's that. As it stands, Obama probably has a better chance than Romney.

Yet, still, despite all you people saying "I could never vote for Obama," you're going to throw your vote away to a third party. If you ask me, that's just as bad. If you really want to prevent Obama from getting a third term, you've got an odd way of showing it. If enough of you vote for a hopeless candidate, you pretty much are voting for Obama.

If you hate Romney more than you hate Obama, but still want to vote, that's legitimate--vote third party. But if you hate Obama more than you hate Romney (which I'd hope would be the case), please please please please put your vote to better use.

Romney might have less of a chance at winning, but this thing is not over: We might just be able to get a president who will put things on a better course than Obama. This isn't about your princess-y desire to prove something about Mitt Romney. It's about the country.

Maybe Mtt Romney doesn't represent everything you believe in. Maybe you think he'd be a mediocre president. But he's still better than crappy one we've already got.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2012, 11:56:27 AM by Senator TJ »

Romney/Kony 2012 or something along those lines. Sheer VP incompetence will not be enough to lose my vote because the VP really doesn't matter much unless it's someone truly awful.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 12:07:56 PM »

Palin or Newt would flip me over to Obama, and Santorum probably would. Other than that (other than someone from never-never land (well Palin and Newt are from never never land), like Rand Paul , no, I am voting for Romney. It isn't going to happen however. If Mittens hangs well in the polls like he is at the moment more or less, he won't be doing anything entailing much risk.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 02:27:10 PM »

Can I be the jerk-off in the room that makes an obvious point (a point that none of the Democrats here will never make)?

No third party candidate will win the the presidency in 2012. There is zero chance. It's between Romney and Obama, and that's that. As it stands, Obama probably has a better chance than Romney.

Yet, still, despite all you people saying "I could never vote for Obama," you're going to throw your vote away to a third party. If you ask me, that's just as bad. If you really want to prevent Obama from getting a third term, you've got an odd way of showing it. If enough of you vote for a hopeless candidate, you pretty much are voting for Obama.

If you hate Romney more than you hate Obama, but still want to vote, that's legitimate--vote third party. But if you hate Obama more than you hate Romney (which I'd hope would be the case), please please please please put your vote to better use.

Romney might have less of a chance at winning, but this thing is not over: We might just be able to get a president who will put things on a better course than Obama. This isn't about your princess-y desire to prove something about Mitt Romney. It's about the country.

Maybe Mtt Romney doesn't represent everything you believe in. Maybe you think he'd be a mediocre president. But he's still better than crappy one we've already got.

Glad to hear I'm legitimate. I backed Obama '08, because I (foolishly, in retrospect) believed he would be a real change from Bush. He wasn't, and Romney wouldn't be any change from him (Obama) either. As such, I'm voting Gary Johnson, just because I don't want to pick the lesser of two evils.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 02:41:07 PM »

If you really want to prevent Obama from getting a third term

I know Republicans like to blame the recession on Obama, but pretending he was actually president from 2005-2009 is a new step over the edge.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 03:53:39 PM »

So 20GJ12 then?

Smiley
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 04:05:01 PM »

Considering that I became a Republican solely to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries, pretty much any ticket without the names "Paul" and/or "Johnson" on it.

Of course, I'm merely talking about voting third party here, voting for Obama would require quite a bit more than a bad ticket.
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »

so you hate Romney more than you hate Obama?

The lesser of two evils is still the lesser of two evils, which should be a good thing. Especially considering one of the evils will win either way.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 06:00:53 PM »

I honestly don't think of any reason why I WOULD vote for Romney.. I'm already planning on a third party vote.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2012, 09:01:25 PM »

so you hate Romney more than you hate Obama?

The lesser of two evils is still the lesser of two evils, which should be a good thing. Especially considering one of the evils will win either way.

No, hate's a word I use for people. I don't hate either of them, but I hate Obama's policies on certain things (foreign policy, drug war, etc), but based on Romney's rhetoric we'd be bombing Iran before his term's over. Obama's (IMO) the lesser of two evils, which is good, but regardless, it's still two evils. I'd rather throw away my vote on some third party than intentionally help either of the evils.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2012, 11:54:26 PM »

Since Romney appears to be in excellent health, I'm not sure why a VP choice should sway me one way or another.
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 12:01:22 AM »

Since Romney appears to be in excellent health, I'm not sure why a VP choice should sway me one way or another.
For me- it is because it will show what kind of President he intends to be... a Christie pick would be disrespectful to the conservative wing of the GOP as well as certain groups of voters
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 12:25:21 AM »

No more disrespectable than Obama's class warfare and continuous speeches.

I had a nice conversation with my sister about how a rock would be a better President than Obama, because at least the rock wouldn't meddle in things it shouldn't meddle in. So hopefully people can at least understand where I'm coming from when I say how disappointed I am in the disaffected Republicans who would never vote for Mitt.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies