PPP: New Mexico is safe Obama, Martinez wouldn't really help Romney (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:25:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  2012 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  PPP: New Mexico is safe Obama, Martinez wouldn't really help Romney (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PPP: New Mexico is safe Obama, Martinez wouldn't really help Romney  (Read 1852 times)
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« on: April 25, 2012, 03:23:26 PM »
« edited: April 25, 2012, 03:25:12 PM by TheGlobalizer »

Sounds about right, unfortunately.

If Johnson catches any steam at all nationally, he'll be in the hunt in NM.

EDIT: By the way, what is the cross-tab score for independents in the three-way race?  I'd have to guess something like 40/30/25 O/R/J.
TheGlobalizer
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: -7.13

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:11:01 PM »

I dunno, I think that senate seat is still in some form of play.

It is.  Wilson is a relatively moderate R from Albuquerque, and Heinrich isn't the world's greatest candidate.  Lots of people still focusing on the Dem primary here.  The main downside to Wilson is that she's a known quantity and symbolic of a past New Mexicans wouldn't mind letting stay the past.  There's a bit of a new blood impulse these days, with all of the rampant corruption throughout the state in the recent past (and even present - check out the Sunland Park goings on if you want to see some pretty crazy sht).

I think most of this stuff will tighten considerably.  Senate is a tossup, IMO; NM-1 is in play, but probably leans slightly D (though Griego is pretty far left); Prez is a solid lean O but having a popular Hispanic Republican governor will have an influence.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies