Bush Aligns Himself With Southern Baptists (homophobic?) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 03:16:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Bush Aligns Himself With Southern Baptists (homophobic?) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush Aligns Himself With Southern Baptists (homophobic?)  (Read 7733 times)
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« on: June 16, 2004, 12:31:47 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,122795,00.html

What really concerns me about Bush:
But he hit the hot-button issue in his address to the Southern Baptists, who are the biggest Protestant denomination in the country with 16 million members. Conventioneers rewarded Bush with the longest applause of his remarks.

Earlier this year, the Southern Baptist Convention started an initiative to "liberate" gays from their homosexuality by befriending them and convincing them they should accept Jesus as their savior. Church leaders asked their 42,000 churches to reach out compassionately to gays, focusing on how Christianity can save them.

Bush ran as a "compassionate conservative" in 2000, and is trying anew to bridge the divide between his conservative base and critical swing voters. Some advisers fear any hint of intolerance would alienate middle-of-the-road Americans.

The church has a right to be AGAINST a homosexual lifestyle because the bible teaches that homosexuality is wrong. If a church wishes to try to help gays recover from their bad decisions and help them seek medical treatment for a obvious mental condition then I have no problem with that either.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 08:25:00 AM »

People say that being against homosexuality is homophobia. Homophobia is being afraid of homosexuals. I am not, nor ever have been afraid of much of anything. I know a few homosexuals and they are really good people, their lifestyle however I find abhorent.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 10:31:37 AM »

People say that being against homosexuality is homophobia. Homophobia is being afraid of homosexuals. I am not, nor ever have been afraid of much of anything. I know a few homosexuals and they are really good people, their lifestyle however I find abhorent.

Which "lifestyle" might that be, Senator?

- Alfie

The homosexual lifestyle.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 11:19:15 AM »

The sexual act of sodomy. Do you need me to get more descriptive or post pictures?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 11:29:00 AM »

So in conclusion to the (typical) liberal argument.

If you are for it you are a hero and should be applauded.

If you are against it you are a racist, bigot, homophobe, etc.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 12:03:05 PM »

Men and Men don't belong together. Basic biology tells you the plumbing don't fit. Wink I don't consider oral sex sodomy.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2004, 01:05:48 PM »

Men and Men don't belong together. Basic biology tells you the plumbing don't fit. Wink I don't consider oral sex sodomy.

You originally posted;

"I know a few homosexuals and they are really good people, their lifestyle however I find abhorent."

You then stated, upon request, that the "lifestyle" that you find "abhorrent" is "the sexual act of sodomy"[/i] (which is not a lifestyle, but rather, it is a sex act).  I raised to your attention the fact that over seventy five percent of heterosexuals engaged in oral sex, and (roughly) seven percent of heterosexuals engaged in anal sex.  I asked "where is your "abhorrence" with straights.  You reply;

"Men and Men don't belong together. Basic biology tells you the plumbing don't fit. Wink I don't consider oral sex sodomy."

Hate to tell you this, but an anus is an anus..  That part of human plumbing is the same for men and for women.  

So your basis for "abhorrence" for Gays is set to a very different level thans straights, even though both hets and Gays practice this same "evil".  Is that about accurate?  Is that a factual statement?

- Alfie

The penis was not meant to enter the anus. It is not what the anus was designed for. The purpose of sex is procreation, homosexual sex produces no children. Men and men aren't supposed to lay together and yes it IS a lifestyle as homosexuals choose to be that way.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2004, 01:47:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Well WHAT do you think enters a woman's anus when engaging in anal sex?  AFAIK, heterosexual anal sex doesn't lead to procreation.  So WHERE OH WHERE is your "abhorrence" of heterosexuals who engage in anal sex?

you also state;

"...and yes it IS a lifestyle as homosexuals choose to be that way."

No, YOU choose to "see" it that way.  You set up your filters, and that  is what YOU "see"; it is not a "lifestyle" -- it's called SEX.

So Where Oh Where is the long-awaited condemnation of your het pals who choose to engage in sodomy via anal sex?

- Alfie

I am done with you Alfie. Homosexuality is wrong, plain and simple. It goes against nature as it's not natural.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2004, 04:33:03 PM »

You're a troll. Plain and simple. Smiley Have a nice day. Like I said you fit the argument to the "t".

If you agree with the so called "cause" or "plight" you are a hero to be raised up.

If you disagree you are a bigot, racist, chauvinist.

You sir hate America. Plain and simple and your posts show it. Smiley Have a nice day. Smiley
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2004, 09:42:32 PM »

Brambila is tired of posting these links over and over on this forum. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies