Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 10:35:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
Author Topic: Office of ZuWo - Fresh start in the Pacific!  (Read 33253 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: August 13, 2013, 01:39:55 AM »

There's now a motion to install Lt. Governor Cathcon as Acting Governor.  So ZuWo, please don't log in, otherwise we have to start the 36-hour countdown all over again. Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #251 on: August 13, 2013, 07:08:46 PM »

That boss chair is looking might comfortable right about now.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #252 on: August 14, 2013, 04:18:04 AM »

Cathcon is now Acting Governor until ZuWo logs in.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2013, 12:36:42 AM »

The following has passed:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #254 on: August 18, 2013, 10:56:18 AM »

I'm back! As usual, Costa Blanca was wonderful even though the heat was almost unbearable at times.

Now, can I be governor again?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #255 on: August 19, 2013, 07:31:41 AM »

I sign

You must be logged in to read this quote.

ZuWo

Additionally, I have decided to seek another term as Governor of the Mideast in the September elections. I will post more about that tomorrow.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #256 on: August 19, 2013, 03:35:38 PM »

Well boss, I guess I better turn the desk over to you. It was fun while it lasted.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #257 on: August 19, 2013, 03:39:38 PM »

Well boss, I guess I better turn the desk over to you. It was fun while it lasted.

Thank you for your service; the Mideast couldn't have had a better acting Governor. Wink
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #258 on: August 19, 2013, 05:04:55 PM »

Thank you for your service; the Mideast couldn't have had a better acting Governor. Wink

Thank you. I believe my behavior fit perfectly with my vision of limited government.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #259 on: August 19, 2013, 08:27:05 PM »

Endorsed for reelection!
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2013, 12:55:02 AM »

ZuWo, you have been a great Governor of the Mideast, and I endorse you for another term. I clearly made a grave mistake endorsing your opponent in the last election.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2013, 11:16:24 AM »

ZuWo, you have been a great Governor of the Mideast, and I endorse you for another term. I clearly made a grave mistake endorsing your opponent in the last election.

Thank you! Smiley

Fellow Mideasterners,

I have decided to run for another term as Mideast Governor because our region has continued to be highly successful during the last months and I am intent on helping shape the Mideast's future development. Since I took office in May several important pieces of legislation and amendments have been passed:

- The "Mideast Budget 2013" with a surplus of $14 Billion
- an amendment to the "Question the Power Act"
- the "Inactivity Amendment"   
- the "Abstain votes aren't Nay votes" amendment

Additionally, the number of citizens in the Mideast has grown consistently so we have remained the largest Atlasian region. Furthermore, my Lt. Governor and I had to make four appointments and picked one Federalist, one member of the Labor Party, one member of the Liberal Party as well as an Independent to serve in their respective positions. Indeed, this shows that, although we are proud Federalists, we are far from being blind party hacks.

Finally, Lt. Governor Cathcon has informed me that he is not going to run for re-election as Lt. Governor. I thank him for his service and advice. I hope to be able to announce a new Lt. Governor candidate soon.

I am looking forward to an interesting race and humbly ask for your trust and vote. Smiley

ZuWo
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #262 on: August 21, 2013, 03:36:21 PM »

A few weeks (or months?) ago I announced that at some point I would introduce a bill to honor those Atlasians who have made significant contributions to the wiki pages concerning the Mideast. I have done some research and found that the following individuals have contributed a lot to the Mideast wiki pages in the recent weeks and months:

(in no particular order)

- a Person
- Talleyrand
- Tmthforu94
- Oldiesfreak1854

It's possible that this list isn't conclusive so if there's anyone who has also made significant contributions to the Mideast wiki but is not on the list he/she should contact me.

Indeed, my idea is that each of the individuals on the list may pick one public facility/building (e.g. an airport, highway, park etc.) which shall then be renamed in honor of the person in question (if the Assembly approves my bill). Thus, if you're on the list and think such a bill is a good idea please contact me and tell me your suggestion.

It is my hope that measures like these can help encourage more people to contribute to the wiki on a voluntary basis. Smiley
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #263 on: August 21, 2013, 03:54:14 PM »

Not sure if I've done enough to warrant a mention on the list, but I appreciate it nonetheless. I'd be open to helping edit any pages on the wiki which you (or any other regional citizen) feels as decrepit as well; just PM me or contact me in some form.

This is definitely a great incentive though, and it could get the wiki moving a lot faster. Who wouldn't want an airport or park named after them? However, I think you've made one major exclusion to the list as it stands atm. Wink
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #264 on: August 23, 2013, 12:15:20 PM »

Is no one on the list interested in renaming a Mideastern park, highway, airport etc.? Wink
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #265 on: August 23, 2013, 12:32:43 PM »

Either Union Station, Chicago or the portion of I-90 between I-290 and I-55 would be cool, thanks. Cheesy

^^^

ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #266 on: August 23, 2013, 12:42:50 PM »

Duly noted, thanks!

Updating the wiki is my constitutionally defined job, while most of the other people who contributed to the Mideast wiki pages did so on a voluntary basis. Thus, I shouldn't be part of this bill. Wink
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2013, 12:47:09 PM »

I'm going to be greedy and ask for O'Hare International Airport (Talleyrand O'Hare International Airport?). If that's too much, I'll settle for something smaller.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #268 on: August 23, 2013, 12:50:08 PM »

I'm going to be greedy and ask for O'Hare International Airport (Talleyrand O'Hare International Airport?). If that's too much, I'll settle for something smaller.

That's fine by me. If the Assembly doesn't object that shouldn't be a problem.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #269 on: August 28, 2013, 07:10:39 AM »

Lt. Governor pick

I have talked to several Mideasterners and think that I can present you a Lt. Governor candidate for the September elections in the next few days.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2013, 12:35:48 PM »

Considering almost all of my life has been spent very close to I-70, it would be an honor if it were named after me through the Mideast Region.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2013, 12:59:36 PM »

I
Considering almost all of my life has been spent very close to I-70, it would be an honor if it were named after me through the Mideast Region.

If elected to the assembly I'd write said legislation
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #272 on: August 29, 2013, 09:15:42 AM »

Thanks for letting me know. As soon as Oldiesfreak posts here we will be ready. Wink

I will announce my Lt. Governor pick at a campaign rally in Jefferson City, Missouri, later today.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #273 on: August 29, 2013, 02:46:49 PM »

Jefferson City, Missouri

I am proud to announce Spiral as my running mate and candidate for the office of Lt. Governor of the Mideast.

Spiral is a citizen who pays a great deal of attention to the current events both on the federal and the regional level and is highly motivated to become active in the game. I have always believed that it is important to assist new players in getting started in Atlasia and I am convinced that Spiral will be a great asset to the game.

My running mate and I share a common vision for the Mideast, which can be summarized by our campaign slogan: "Stability and Prosperity". We not only want to make sure that our region continues to be as successful as it currently is, but we also believe that the Mideast government should be fiscally responsible and strive for sustainable economic development.

I am looking forward to a positive, issue-based campaign!
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #274 on: August 29, 2013, 05:09:52 PM »

I must admit, I was flattered and humbled that ZuWo approached me for this opportunity. How could a political novice in Atlasia such as myself get the consideration? Experience is valuable, but what matters first and foremost for holding any position in conviction, as well as dedication. That's where I've always shined whenever I've been assigned a task, and I'll work with the same vigor in political office.

My priorities in politics come with maintaining fiscal order above all else, as without that, we all fall. We shouldn't be afraid to cut when inaction risks our solvency. Thankfully, the Mideast has been very successful in this regard as of late, as the latest budget deal formed under the leadership of Governor ZuWo and the Assembly has resulted in a $14 billion surplus for the region. This bodes well for the future of the Mideast, and should the voters permit it, we'll continue to keep our finances in check and cooperate with those in the Assembly to produce common-sense results that benefit everybody.

The governor has proven himself to be able to administrate government efficiently even with a wide spectrum of opinions from our representatives, showing that bipartisanship is not dead by any means. We'll work considering the standpoints of the different Assemblymen as regular Mideasterners in order to find solutions that benefit the common good. While we all abide by certain principles, that does not forbid reaching out.

With all of that said, I am happy to have gotten the opportunity to engage in the game like this. Whatever the results may be come September, I'm anticipating a constructive campaign that will serve Atlasia and the Mideast well.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies