PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 09:35:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PLEASE SAY IT AIN'T SO.  (Read 9573 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: November 01, 2010, 07:30:22 AM »

To my knowledge, a day has always been considered to be 24 hours in Atlasia, not a "calendar day".

That's been my position. We do not hold to any 'working hours' or periods within a day in which government business is conducted; government business is conducted at all times of the day and night. Therefore we do not operate in 'days' we operate in 24 hour periods or other 'hour blocks' of less than 24hrs to more than 24hrs (such as conducting elections etc)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 07:35:06 AM »

There is no "expulsion" here, and there is not "removal" here. Your continued use of those terms to describe a situation that involves neither is actually inviting misuse of the OSPR. We are dealing with someone ceasing to be a member of the Senate due to innactivity and such the seat becomes vacant just like the seats of Ted Kennedy, Robert Byrd, and Craig Thomas became vacant upon their sad passages. Your use of the term "expulsion" and the term "removal" are creating a false equivalency here. The real RL equalivency is death.

I agree with you on the interpretation fwiw. An inactive Senator's term essentially 'lapses'; there is no removal - it's a passive not an active dismissal from office. You are also correct in the precedent set with regards voting; the numerous Senates I've been part of have had incidents where voting is dissallowed or barred as the appropriate number of hours (or blocks of 24hrs) have not passed.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies