Opinion of the Moderators
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:44:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the Moderators
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Opinion of the Moderators  (Read 2949 times)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2013, 06:54:54 AM »

OK, it pains me a good deal to wear a blue avatar, but that's for a just cause. Tongue

aaaaand I did not want to be the first to do this so thank you guys.

Me too...
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2013, 07:09:25 AM »

I think there's a solution here.

Firstly, I suspect this probably won't end until either the update returns or Torie is relieved of his moderating duties. Probably the former.

Secondly, I think the current crisis highlights a need for transparency- the Mod cave should be viewable by all members, and any bannings or post deletions should be posted there.

Thirdly, it appears that Inks and the Update defenders are acting rather immaturely with regards to this issue. Inks, I'd recommend that you stop deleting threads and posts because of personal criticisms. And I'd advise the Update defenders to reason their arguments cohesively and avoid personal attacks.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2013, 07:30:21 AM »

Secondly, I think the current crisis highlights a need for transparency- the Mod cave should be viewable by all members, and any bannings or post deletions should be posted there.

First, if that happened, discussion among the mods would just migrate to PMs and emails.  There's no way we're going to talk about things like how we figure out who the sock accounts are in public.

Second, while I support Torie as a mod, why has everyone adopted his "mod cave" nomenclature?  It's the mod board.  It was always the mod board, until Torie coined the "cave" term about two years ago or so.  Tongue

Third, I forget what the third thing was, so here's Rick Perry holding a gun:

Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2013, 07:33:08 AM »

The idea of "transparency' is pretty funny. Why do people insist on treating a private forum like a democratic country?
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2013, 07:33:57 AM »

If I recall, there was some discussion of a time limit of 30 days before posts being revealed to outsiders.

The idea of "transparency' is pretty funny. Why do people insist on treating a private forum like a democratic country?
We are a political forum, after all.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2013, 11:32:45 AM »

Since we're taking all the flak for banning memphis anyway would it be ok with people if we actually did it now?

I just find it amazing that you people can draw so much entertainment from this pretty childish game of pretending the moderators are out to get you. I'd have expected it to get old by now.

Also, opebo, maybe we're just giving you the brutal dictatorship you like so much when it's directed against poor people in Libya or Thailand!

Go in for the kill Gus. Lets make a deal. Ban Inks and Memphis, everyone shuts up about it.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2013, 11:35:40 AM »

If I recall, there was some discussion of a time limit of 30 days before posts being revealed to outsiders.

We are a political forum, after all.

Even a 30-day period is unworkable.  The amount of private information (IP addresses and email addresses) that would have to be redacted would be immense compared to the little "juicy" information that would actually be released.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2013, 11:47:14 AM »

I think that our mods could be much better but the manufactured outrage at them is ridiculous and tiresome. I haven't seen any evidence of anything untoward happening to memphis and I don't dislike him enough to hope that something will.

Come on, Nathan, his post were being deleted wholesale and now he hasn't posted in several days, and they're hinting at their usual bizarre story of a 'software glitch' (same thing happened to me a year or two ago).  Its absolutely the usual thing.

Its so reminiscent of the 'disappeared people' under South American dictatorships - just eliminate people, and deny everything.

This is the first I've heard of it. That's unfortunate if true.

It's not true.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2013, 11:57:47 AM »

The suggestion isn't that it is some kind of 'right', or anything like that.  The suggestion is that operating in this way - with more respect for people - would simply work better and be nicer for everyone.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2013, 11:59:05 AM »

This entire debacle has made these boards even more unreadable than they usually are. The moderators are fine. Everyone stop kicking around false outrage and "show your support with this avatar!" crap and enjoy this site for what it is: A political forum. If you're this deeply invested, stand back and take a deep breath.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2013, 12:05:35 PM »

Third, I forget what the third thing was, so here's Rick Perry holding a gun:

As long as we're doing Republican governors with guns, how about this montage of Haley when she visited the FN Manufacturing plant here in South Carolina this past summer.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2013, 12:06:28 PM »

^^^^
Haley = Hot
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2013, 12:12:53 PM »

This entire debacle has made these boards even more unreadable than they usually are. The moderators are fine. Everyone stop kicking around false outrage and "show your support with this avatar!" crap and enjoy this site for what it is: A political forum. If you're this deeply invested, stand back and take a deep breath.

Come on, Marokai, it is the mods who are overreacting here.  There is no problem, if they'd just leave people to talk about their opinions and lives.  Its all totally harmless.
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2013, 12:25:51 PM »

co-signed

yup

Ya'll can leave whenever the funk you want.  It's NOTHING like a playground at recess or a prison, you don't have to be a moronic cry baby and keep coming here....there are literally hundreds of other places you can go or you can create your own, invite all your friends, have as many update threads you want, discuss how HORRIBLE this place is.

but alas, you'd rather play the victim.  Some people seem to live for it.

yuuuuup.

Seriously guys, if you really have this much of a problem with the way moderators handle things then just go. You actually don't have a guaranteed right or need to be here. Stop acting like children and play by the rules if you want to stay, no matter what your opinion on them is. If you don't like it, leave. If this was any other forum, most of you would be gone involuntarily by now any way. Give the hand-wringing and false outrage a rest and start acting like the grown adults that surprisingly some of you are.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2013, 01:14:21 AM »

The suggestion isn't that it is some kind of 'right', or anything like that.  The suggestion is that operating in this way - with more respect for people - would simply work better and be nicer for everyone.

Exactly. Why do we have moderator(s) on here who seem to be deleting stuff just to be spiteful now?
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2013, 01:25:24 AM »

Exactly. Why do we have moderator(s) on here who seem to be deleting stuff just to be spiteful now?
Because this is their attitude toward moderation:
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2013, 01:34:10 AM »

You guys are STILL here.....this is the worst pogrom ever.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #67 on: November 14, 2013, 07:49:30 AM »

FF.

Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #68 on: November 14, 2013, 09:24:01 PM »

You guys are STILL here.....this is the worst pogrom ever.

I'm sure what's his name appreciates your support, dull0man.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies