Opinion of the Moderators (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 31, 2024, 11:54:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of the Moderators (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Opinion of the Moderators  (Read 2965 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« on: November 12, 2013, 11:01:46 PM »

Code:
>:(>:(                              >:(                        >:(>:( 
>:(    >:(                      >:(    >:(                   >:(    >:( 
>:(        >:(                  >:(    >:(                   >:(        >:(
>:(    >:(                   >:(         >:(                 >:(        >:(
>:(>:(                       >:(         >:(                 >:(        >:(
>:(    >:(                 >:(>:(>:(>:(>:(              >:(        >:(
>:(        >:(             >:(              >:(              >:(        >:(
>:(    >:(                 >:(              >:(              >:(    >:(
>:(>:(                     >:(              >:(              >:(>:(

#fail
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 12:43:34 AM »

Ya know, I'm not one of these anti-Inks posters, but he's disturbed me a bit.

I think it was earlier today or yesterday that Nappy made a thread suggesting that we should debate Inks' moderator status. When I looked at the Who's Online page, Inks was viewing that topic. Then, the thread was suddenly gone.

Seriously?  

Poor form, Inks.

Actually Napoleon deleted it (I was actually posting in it and when I went to post, I got the error), not me.  A bit of a shame that you as well have jumped to conclusions without knowing all of the facts, or even attempting to gather them.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 01:31:39 AM »

I think it was earlier today or yesterday that Nappy made a thread suggesting that we should debate Inks' moderator status. When I looked at the Who's Online page, Inks was viewing that topic. Then, the thread was suddenly gone.

Seriously?  

Poor form, Inks.

Actually Napoleon deleted it (I was actually posting in it and when I went to post, I got the error), not me.  A bit of a shame that you as well have jumped to conclusions without knowing all of the facts, or even attempting to gather them.

I don't get it...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 01:36:31 AM »

Seriously?  

Poor form, Inks.

I don't get it...

I'm so sorry, I accused you of that Inks. I

I should have done the obvious research.

Shame on me.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic...
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2013, 01:43:21 AM »

I mean, it was absolute shameful of me to jump to such a conclusion so quickly. I don't recall there being any precedent for such an action.

OK - so you're being sarcastic.  You make a mistake falsely accusing me of something; I point it out, yet I'm still the bad guy.  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  Look, man... before you went around accusing me, you could've PMed me for the details.  I openly admitted to locking and deleting the other threads.  I never mentioned that anywhere, so there wasn't actually precedent for such action.  It seems that the trolls are beginning to influence you.  Sure, if you believe their lies about what happens, the mods look like pretty bad people.  But if you do some investigating and find out the truth, almost all of the action we take is pretty uncontroversial.  I remember the anti-mod crowd criticizing me when I deleted a picture of a partially nude woman.  That's what these people do: they make a fuss about stupid stuff hoping that people will fall for the lies and jump on the bandwagon.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 01:48:51 AM »

Because of what Miles said?
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 01:52:46 AM »

I mean, it was absolute shameful of me to jump to such a conclusion so quickly. I don't recall there being any precedent for such an action.

OK - so you're being sarcastic.  You make a mistake falsely accusing me of something; I point it out, yet I'm still the bad guy.  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.  Look, man... before you went around accusing me, you could've PMed me for the details.  I openly admitted to locking and deleting the other threads.  I never mentioned that anywhere, so there wasn't actually precedent for such action. It seems that the trolls are beginning to influence you.  Sure, if you believe their lies about what happens, the mods look like pretty bad people.  But if you do some investigating and find out the truth, almost all of the action we take is pretty uncontroversial.  I remember the anti-mod crowd criticizing me when I deleted a picture of a partially nude woman.  That's what these people do: they make a fuss about stupid stuff hoping that people will fall for the lies and jump on the bandwagon.

No, which is why I prefaced my comment the way I did:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ok, yes it was an assumption on my part. I apologize.

I wouldn't go as far as you did to call it shameful though Tongue If you didn't go as far as you did in responding to my OP, I would have apologized right then.

I didn't call it shameful; I said it was a shame--as in, you're a really smart guy--I don't expect you to get sucked in by the trolls.  But it seems as if you haven't; you just made a mistake... and I'm glad that seems to be the case.  Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 01:55:31 AM »

I didn't call it shameful; I said it was a shame--as in, you're a really smart guy--I don't expect you to get sucked in by the trolls.  But it seems as if you haven't; you just made a mistake... and I'm glad that seems to be the case.  Smiley

Yes, I'm sorry. It really was just an oversight on my part Smiley

Now, your avatar color is shameful... we've gotta work on changing that! Wink
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2013, 01:56:48 AM »

Inks, was it you or Torie who just removed my poll questioning the fabled 'software glitch'?  I just posted it and within less than five minutes it was deleted.  You guys must be sitting on the edge of your chairs!

Torie doesn't mod this board.  If you have any questions about moderated posts, I'll be happy to discuss them via PM, as always.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2013, 02:05:48 AM »

Inks, was it you or Torie who just removed my poll questioning the fabled 'software glitch'?  I just posted it and within less than five minutes it was deleted.  You guys must be sitting on the edge of your chairs!

Torie doesn't mod this board.  If you have any questions about moderated posts, I'll be happy to discuss them via PM, as always.

I really can't discuss it in detail because our posts are all just disappearing without any record - nothing reported to our 'moderated posts' list.  I suppose we have to keep a copy of all posts in word or notebook or something, because it is impossible to remember all posts without a record.

I reported and moderated the thread (although did not assign points), so it should be showing up in your "Moderate Posts" list.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

P P

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2013, 11:35:40 AM »

If I recall, there was some discussion of a time limit of 30 days before posts being revealed to outsiders.

The idea of "transparency' is pretty funny. Why do people insist on treating a private forum like a democratic country?
We are a political forum, after all.

Even a 30-day period is unworkable.  The amount of private information (IP addresses and email addresses) that would have to be redacted would be immense compared to the little "juicy" information that would actually be released.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies