Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 01:46:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 72
Author Topic: Wisconsin Megathread v2: Hagedorn vs. Neubauer  (Read 89019 times)
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2018, 12:45:02 AM »

How come Janet Mills isnt leading in polls, otherwise they would poll the state already and she isnt charismatic, either. Its one factor, not the factor
There have been no polls in Maine
Doimper
Doctor Imperialism

« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2018, 12:48:29 AM »

Guys, I dont think charisma will matter that much in the race. Walker has the charisma of a brick, a very good looking brick though, so literally anything will do.

What matters more is how well Evers can connect with voters, and how energized he can make them. His position as Superintendent helps him focus on education issues, and he has been at many rallies and events.

This is coming from someone supporting Mitchell.

Really? I know beauty is subjective but he looks like a look down fish to me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lookdown
Hes not attractive, but he is rather good looking.

Of course, this is at his most photgenic, he also looks like this

One of his eyes is lower and saggier than the other one and it's really sort of unnerving
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2018, 08:50:47 AM »

He's ugly. It's a fact.
MAINEiac4434
Junior Chimp
France

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -8.78

« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2018, 09:25:01 AM »

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2018, 09:26:35 AM »

After looking at more photos of him, I have come to the conclusion that he is rather unnerving, and so I retract my previous comment.

He is now just a brick
KingSweden
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2018, 09:27:32 AM »

After looking at more photos of him, I have come to the conclusion that he is rather unnerving, and so I retract my previous comment.

He is now just a brick

Glad you came around, “Scott Walker swole bae Blue heart” is not the hot-take Hill I would have chosen to die on
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2018, 09:58:05 AM »

BREAKING: One of the moronic prognosticators FINALLY moved this race out of Lean R.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/governor/2018_elections_governor_map.html

Of course, it was never Lean R to begin with, but it's nice to see at least one """expert""" understand that.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2018, 10:08:20 AM »

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/31/walker-wisconsin-education-unions-751243

Looks like this race is starting to get a little more attention.
Wiz in Wis

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2018, 11:00:17 AM »

I don't expect many to agree with me, but I think Roys is kind of hot.

Correct, though sadly she is no longer a brunette.

pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2018, 05:09:38 PM »

Getting ensnared with Natasha Femme Fatale (a/k/a Maria Butina) could be the demise of his possibility of a successful "threepeat".
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2018, 05:22:15 PM »

Getting ensnared with Natasha Femme Fatale (a/k/a Maria Butina) could be the demise of his possibility of a successful "threepeat".

On that note:

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #211 on: July 31, 2018, 10:00:36 PM »

I don't expect many to agree with me, but I think Roys is kind of hot.

Correct, though sadly she is no longer a brunette.

Actually the dark blonde fits her well.

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #212 on: July 31, 2018, 11:05:29 PM »

It seems Evers is holding true and focusing his campaign outside of the big cities. Not one Evers lawn sign in either Madison or MKE where I've passed through. I've seen a lot of Roys and Vinehout signs in the cities  however.

Evers is largely running a public meeting/ad style campaign in the big areas. Is his precense more pronounced elsewhere in the state? I imagine he's big in Western and Northern WI.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2018, 11:50:36 PM »

It seems Evers is holding true and focusing his campaign outside of the big cities. Not one Evers lawn sign in either Madison or MKE where I've passed through. I've seen a lot of Roys and Vinehout signs in the cities  however.

Evers is largely running a public meeting/ad style campaign in the big areas. Is his precense more pronounced elsewhere in the state? I imagine he's big in Western and Northern WI.

Seems to make sense to me, at least anecdotally. I drive through the Madison metro area often, and I haven't seen a single Evers sign. The most common from my experience are Vinehout and McCabe, along with some for Mitchell, and I've only seen 1 for Roys. Haven't seen any signs for anyone else.

Evers also just generally seems like a better fit for rural communities. He's performed well in them in past elections and he can connect well with places that have struggled with education(funding and etc).
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #214 on: July 31, 2018, 11:54:59 PM »

So, assuming Evers gets the nom, what does turnout look like in a hypothetical campaign where he pays minimal attention to Milwaukee/Madison? I'd guess Democrats are energized enough to turn out there anyway but is there any risk to not focusing campaign efforts there?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #215 on: August 01, 2018, 08:21:36 AM »

So, assuming Evers gets the nom, what does turnout look like in a hypothetical campaign where he pays minimal attention to Milwaukee/Madison? I'd guess Democrats are energized enough to turn out there anyway but is there any risk to not focusing campaign efforts there?

0 risk in Dane, trust me on that one.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #216 on: August 01, 2018, 08:23:32 AM »

Dane is fine, they always turnout. But Milwaukee is a problem. They have constantly had low turnout compared to the rest of the state, which is a big reason why the state was lost in 2016. A good campaign would focus on Milwaukee and the rurals of the state, ignoring Dane and WOW.
mcmikk
thealmightypiplup

« Reply #217 on: August 01, 2018, 11:07:38 AM »

Dane is fine, they always turnout. But Milwaukee is a problem. They have constantly had low turnout compared to the rest of the state, which is a big reason why the state was lost in 2016. A good campaign would focus on Milwaukee and the rurals of the state, ignoring Dane and WOW.

Agree with this pretty much, though prioritize rurals over Milwaukee. Milwaukee isn't super reliable for turnout, and Dems don't need huge numbers in Milwaukee to win if they get good margins in Dane and do well in rural areas.

I don't think Dane should be ignored entirely though, it's still good for people there to at least know who you are and pad the margin a little bit.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #218 on: August 01, 2018, 01:47:18 PM »

If Dane County continues to deliver high margins for democrats and grows at a fast rate, democrats will probably always be competitive in Wisconsin. I've never understand why the rural areas of Dane County voted the way it did, though.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #219 on: August 01, 2018, 01:49:50 PM »

If Dane County continues to deliver high margins for democrats and grows at a fast rate, democrats will probably always be competitive in Wisconsin. I've never understand why the rural areas of Dane County voted the way it did, though.

Because there's a lot of shared identity and commuters as well.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #220 on: August 01, 2018, 01:52:28 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2018, 02:01:32 PM by Wisconsinite »

True, but it's just interesting how Waukesha County delivered 72 percent for Scott Walker while Dane County delivered 70 percent for Mary Burke, yet both counties are only 30 miles apart. WI is very politically polarized, in my opinion, and the gerrymandering has only exacerbated the polarization.

Dane County does rank high for out-of-state migration. I read an article a long time ago which indicated that more than 40 percent of new residents in Dane came from other states, most of whom were from Cook County. The WOW counties were mostly built off of white flight, so perhaps maybe that could effect the politics?
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #221 on: August 01, 2018, 02:38:47 PM »

True, but it's just interesting how Waukesha County delivered 72 percent for Scott Walker while Dane County delivered 70 percent for Mary Burke, yet both counties are only 30 miles apart. WI is very politically polarized, in my opinion, and the gerrymandering has only exacerbated the polarization.

Dane County does rank high for out-of-state migration. I read an article a long time ago which indicated that more than 40 percent of new residents in Dane came from other states, most of whom were from Cook County. The WOW counties were mostly built off of white flight, so perhaps maybe that could effect the politics?

Trust me, not perhaps, lol.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #222 on: August 01, 2018, 09:20:10 PM »

Add up Dane County and all the Counties Screnock won in the recent state Supreme Court Race while excluding all the other Dallet Counties, and Dallet still wins.
Scottholes 2.0
Wisconsinite
United States

« Reply #223 on: August 02, 2018, 01:38:31 PM »

I don't think Tony Evers is the best person to defeat Walker. I think Mike McCabe is. He can appeal to swing voters better than Evers.
Gass3268
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #224 on: August 02, 2018, 05:12:57 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2018, 05:25:13 PM by Gass3268 »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 72  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies