The Institute of 2012 GOP nomination Intrade rankings (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 07:40:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  The Institute of 2012 GOP nomination Intrade rankings (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Institute of 2012 GOP nomination Intrade rankings  (Read 203335 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 19, 2010, 05:35:21 PM »

Daniels has said he won't do anything for the next year plus which would make him if he runs a Fred Thompson late entry type.  But I do think he could attract a lot of establishment support and money.

As for Huckabee, I wonder what his FOX salary is.  If Obama's approvals in 10 months are where they are now, and Republicans focus on challenging the mandate in ways that are problematic for Romney, especially if Palin isn't looking like a candidate, I could see him giving into temptation to run.  Especially since an Iowa + South Carolina win could make his run serious.  But I also assume that FOX money is delicious.

Palin has a deal for a new book and may be close to signing a deal to host a nature "reality" show about Alaska.  I agree she's got $ on the eyes but a presidential run might be part of that actually.

Here's the way I see 2012.

Republicans need somebody who isn't a gossip drama-filled queen (PALIN) or who doesn't have an entertaining television show contract on FOX News (HUCKABEE).

Somebody who has executive experience, is similar to Obama in height and debating skills, who is charismatic and can light up a room, a good speaker, someone who has a good family, conservative values, and strong business and economic expertise.

To me, Governor Romney is the ideal candidate in 2012 not just for the Republican Party, but I can honestly see him sweeping America as a whole in two years. From his Michigan roots, gaining votes in a state with rising unemployment and struggling auto industry (20% unemployment), to appealing to the Western states (Nevada is one blue state he can easily pull back), while appealing to voters in swing states such as Florida and Ohio who have become rather strongly anti-Obama.

Add into that the electoral gains Republicans will have after the census...and I think Mitt Romney may well be the next President of the United States.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies