Who would Obama rather face? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 09:14:25 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Who would Obama rather face? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who would Obama rather face?
Romney

Gingrich

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: Who would Obama rather face?  (Read 2915 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: January 20, 2012, 10:13:16 AM »

As can be seen from yesterday, there are a lot of negatives in Gingrich's background.  While 15 years old, many were very very well known at the time.  Obama just needs to remind the public of them (and will get the held of half the people that knew Gingrich in the 1990's).

Remember, Gingrich is the guy who was forced from the Speakership by the Republicans.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 10:59:25 AM »

As can be seen from yesterday, there are a lot of negatives in Gingrich's background. 

I don't think a vote for Romney in this poll should necessarily be misconstrued as a statement about his electability relative to Gingrich's.  I also think Romney would stand a better chance at winning than Gingrich, for many reasons, but if I were Obama I'd still rather face Romney.  For one thing, it'll be a negative campaign either way, but it's likely to be much nastier with Gingrich than with Romney.  (Both ways, since Obama's people will get nasty too, and it depresses turnout.)  For another thing, Obama, for all his faults, is an honorable man, and he knows that there's a chance that he might lose either way, and it could have more to do with factors beyond anyone's control than with the candidates.  Better to lose to Romney than to lose to Gingrich.  Better for all of us.  Finally, Obama knows that it is very likely that both chambers will be controlled by the GOP in the next congress.  Gingrich with that congress is a more scary proposition for Obama than Romney. 

The thing with Gingrich, and negative attacks, they tend to backfire.

Gingrich had a terrible week last week, and much of that was the Bain Capital attack.  He launched it.

If I were Obama, I'd love watching Gingrich shooting himself in the foot in mid-October.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies