ATTENTION, Governors and Election Officers (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:51:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ATTENTION, Governors and Election Officers (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ATTENTION, Governors and Election Officers  (Read 1982 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: May 13, 2016, 09:13:39 PM »

Y'ALL READY FOR THIS

*DUM DUM DUM*
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 06:20:52 PM »

Tne commission vote was open for 72 hours or until everyone voted. According to when the voting started, the vote ended on the 13th but my Atlas time may be off by one hour. You can check real hours and what the Northeast constitution says about time (standard or advanced) to see if the vote finished in time.

(or maybe you can have a pass on applying the rules)

Did everyone vote?  I want to find a reason to hold the vote this weekend, instead of totally disenfranchising the region.

Only 18 people voted if I'm remembering correctly; I think the ConCon had 25 slots (including any vacancies).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 07:14:49 PM »

^^^ Yes, I believe the full 168 hours must be allowed for each Region's booth for us to consider any ratification (or rejection) valid.

It's possible we could go with "7 days" (that's an age-old argument; I can't recall if the Constitution specifies "7 days" or "168 hours"; I pushed in some contexts for "hours" to be adopted instead of "days" to eliminate that problem) and count individual days measured by 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM, assuming that once a voting period extends into the 7th individual day, that it'd count, but there's really no reason to do that here.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 07:27:52 PM »

You're right. I can't remember when that was adopted (maybe it was in the 17th Amendment, or maybe it's always been that way?), but it make sense given the other provisions that the 17th allowed for (approval by legislature, for instance). So the Northeast will be the first to conclude its vote, then?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies