Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 09:46:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official March 4th Results Discussion Topic  (Read 56932 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« on: March 04, 2008, 11:47:57 PM »

Two things... first off, I think even most Democrats would admit that saying McCain wants to follow the same exact course as Bush is a blatant straw man... secondly, I am starting to realize that Obama always gives the same speech.

Blah Blah Blah hope.  Blah, Blah, Blah Change.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 11:58:10 PM »

Two things... first off, I think even most Democrats would admit that saying McCain wants to follow the same exact course as Bush is a blatant straw man... secondly, I am starting to realize that Obama always gives the same speech.

Blah Blah Blah hope.  Blah, Blah, Blah Change.

Yeah.  It includes a couple of parts where he goes "from _______ to _________" (citing two places or states).  Then he cites a few stories.  I mean, it's a good speech, but kind of empty.

You forgot the part where he blurts out a few random statements followed by "Yes we can."
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 05:45:28 PM »

My current delegate projection by the way are Obama +6 in Wyoming, Obama +9 in Mississippi and Hillary +9 in Pennsylvania.

If Clinton wins Pennsylvania by 9 points, this probably is going to the convention after all.

She's winning PA by at least nine.

I agree, and your governor is behind her too.

All the polls I have seen recently have her way out ahead.  I don't expect that to change either.  The Democrat electorate in PA are the kind of old school grizzled types who don't know the New Deal Coalition died 20 years ago (at least).  They'll come out for Hillary in droves.  Plus with the Rendell turnout machine on her side, she can't lose.

Even after all of this Hillary is still gonna win... unless she get blown out everywhere else, which I doubt.  Obama has no clue how to engage in the kinda backdoor, cloak and dagger stuff that is going to happen before the convention... the Clinton's are Hall-of-Famers.  And if Obama hires that people he will need to take out Clinton, then it will irreparably tar his image.  He can't win.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies