This Election Is (Probably) Over (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 01:38:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  This Election Is (Probably) Over (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: This Election Is (Probably) Over  (Read 24089 times)
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« on: August 18, 2008, 09:43:18 PM »

It certainly has not been a good month for Barack Obama, but let's put things into perspective: how many people actually watched the Saddleback event? 1 million, if that? The audience was miniscule. This was a warm-up event, so to speak.

Obama has a chance to prove himself to the masses in 3 live, nationally televised debates in front of 70+ million people. Those 3 debates will make or break his candidacy. America wants new leadership, but they are very hesitant about putting the keys to America in the hands of an unknown like Barack Obama. The 3 debates will be Obama's stage to show that he will be a leader that America can trust.

ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 10:15:39 PM »

At the end of the day, the US is still a center-right country, and far leftists like Obama have a hard time winning.

America is a center-right country at this point, but that can change soon. Just 30 years ago, America was a center-left country and had been so for around 40 years.

Things change.

ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 11:10:10 PM »

Maybe Obama and the Democtrats can get Dan Rather to do well, you know, dare I say it, oh, I shouldn't, but, well, a made up story about McCain, you know, well, ah, um, like he did with, well, oh, er, President Bush in 2004.

Perhaps the Democrats could hire Rather to be Chief of the Obama Truth Squad.  There's a man who doesn't hesitate to fight dirty, which is what some in this thread indicate Obama and the Democrats are going to have to do.  

Sounds like a good idea.

How about Bill O'reilly to head the McCain Truth Squad?
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 10:15:30 PM »

Two --  Make an issue of something fundamentalist Christians and Evangelicals felt they could not ignore in several key states.  (Here, I failed to recognize the impressive trend among emerging churches and post-conservative evangelicals.  I thought it was too much to hope for...but evidently, balanced thinking is getting a fair hearing.  Either that or they just stayed home.)

The wingnut fundies stayed home. Especially in Ohio.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies