stopping Mccain in South Carolina primary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 04:43:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  stopping Mccain in South Carolina primary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: stopping Mccain in South Carolina primary  (Read 4610 times)
rob in cal
« on: January 31, 2009, 07:28:13 PM »

I wonder if Mccain could have been defeated by Huckabee in South Carolina, a result which may have deflated or slowed down Mccain's momentum going into the Florida primary.  The results were close, about 33-30% with Thompson and Romney getting another 30% combined.  I wonder if the 30% who voted for Thompson and Romney potentially could have been galvanized into a stop Mccain movement, as you would think that most of the voters for those two candidates would lean more conservative and might have rallied to Huckabee in South Carolina not because he was a great candidate, but merely for the strategic purpose of tripping Mccain up, thereby stopping the front-runner.
    I remember on the Friday before the vote that Saturday that talk show host Hugh Hewitt, who was extremely pro-Romney, urged everyone to vote for Huckabee in South Carolina, just as a way to stop Mccain from getting another cheap nowhere near a majority victory.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies