Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 01:13:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Ides of March Tuesday results thread (N. Marianas start at 4:30am ET)  (Read 58151 times)
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« on: March 15, 2016, 05:51:15 AM »

Projected high temps:

Quite a large temperature difference between northern and southern Illinois.  I wonder if that’ll lead to more high energy voters downstate.
That only applies to reptiles ... oh wait!
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 09:19:54 PM »

Agreed, while they probably aren't here African American base, they are probably upper income liberal whites that she needs to carry to win the state.
Cleveland has a really huge Croatian and other Slavic population that may want to vote for Kasich. It could actually be bad for Sanders.
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 09:44:53 PM »

I wonder if Trump thinks closed primaries and early voting are somehow new phenomenon created just to get him.
Trump thinks that those more likely to vote for him will believe it is part of a continuing effort to get them.

jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 12:10:54 AM »

I thought that's why he suspended his campaign but did not withdraw.
If a candidate terminates their campaign, they can't accept campaign contributions.

The FEC doesn't recognize the word "suspend" and doesn't require any special filing.

So "suspend" means "Won't be actively seeking votes, but my pfficial campaign organization will continue to operate."
jimrtex
Atlas Icon
Marshall Islands

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 01:29:38 AM »

does anyone have info on how the various IL CDs are voting?
It's direct election of delegates by CD, with the top 3 bound to the candidate of their choice as stated on the ballot.

Trump ended up with 52 delegates (including statewide)
Cruz got 9 delegates
Kasich got 8 delegates
Look at CD-13.  Kasich clearly snagged a delegate because Nabi Fakroddin ran 5000 votes behind Paul Minch and Barbara Kois, Trump's other 2 delegates.  I wonder why?

Trump voters were told that the ballot was confusing in order to trick them. They showed they couldn't be fooled by the "Trump" next to Fakroddin's name.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies