TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 12:28:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 93210 times)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -7.30

« on: October 05, 2017, 10:56:28 AM »

Excellent news for Dems.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 11:30:27 PM »

Bredesen is 73. Strickland Two, Electric Boogaloo?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 06:49:39 PM »

Cook changed the rating for this rate to Toss-Up, from Likely Republican. I think that's a bit too generous..

Cook's ratings are almost always terrible. This year is no exception.

Yeah, this is what I meant when I said that Sabato being better than Cook isn't saying very much, lol.

Cook and Sabato are both fine, since they use the metric of the election being held TODAY, IIRC.
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 12:07:00 PM »

Is it though? Who does this excite?
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2018, 01:57:23 PM »

Right now, I'd say the margin is within 8 points. (Bredesen or Blackburn by 4, Max.)
BuckeyeNut

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 06:34:54 AM »

I do expect Bredesen to get the same sort of treatment as Bayh (aka millions of dollars of attack ads) because the obvious route is to make him toxic to republican/independent groups.

The thing people keep forgetting about Strickland's 2016 campaign is that Rob Portman ran a superb campaign. Not only did he raise an absolute ton, have an amazing field game but he created himself as just an average suburban guy who happens to be a republican. (Despite being rather conservative) There's a reason why Portman outrun Trump.

If Bill Haslam, or even Bob Corker was running for this Seat we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

It was also because Strickland had a poor record when it comes to the economy when he was Governor. Under his governorship, Ohio lost 350 000 jobs and was ranked 48th among the 50 states in terms of job creation. In addition, Strickland voted twice in favor of granting China its most-favored-nation status.

Yep. A bunch of unions endorsed Portman in 2016 - basically killing Stricklands hopes of ever winning. They didn't give those endorsements out of pity - they looked at the two records and decided to break with the Dems.

Yeah, no. Portman had all of 4 union endorsements.

1: The United Mine Workers
2: The International Union of Operatinf Engineers
3: The Fraternal Order of Police
4: The International Brotherhood of Teamsters

Of those 4 groups, the first 3 are all normally conservative groups, and shouldn’t really come as a surprise. UMW was somewhat surprising, given Ted’s record in Congress and Governor, but they endorsed late meaning 1: it had already become clear Ted would lose and 2: Clinton had already made her massively idiotic coal statement which hurt Democrats everywhere. Teamsters’ decision probably had to do with Ted’s historic unpopularity in Northeast Ohio as much as it did with anything.

UWS and anyone who thinks pro-protectonist unions — which none of those 4 unions really are — endorsed Portman over Strickland over two-votes on trade authority is a moron when rob Portman was George W. Bush’s goddamn U.S. Trade Representative. (Something he very keely did not emphasize.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies